Ubuntu 8.10 beta 64-bit on Asus p5q3 [solved]
Well, it was a long ride but I finally got Intrepid Beta installed on my Asus p5Q3 Deluxe/Wifi-AP. The following is how I did it. I played with many things and unfortunately didn't do it systematically. So some of the steps may not be necessary. With that said:
1) I have a dual boot with Vista. First, in Vista I switched the registry from SATA - IDE to AHCI according to this:
2) Reboot, and in the BIOS. Configure SATA from IDE to AHCI. Under advanced USB, change BIOS EHCI Hand-off to disabled. Also, change ACPI 2.0 to enable.
3) Boot Hardy 8.04 64-bit LiveCD.
4) Choose F6 and add acpi=off at the end of the text.
5) Install Ubuntu.
6) sudo update-manager -d in a terminal.
7) upgrade to 8.10
8) Some error messages came up during installation regarding the networking manager, disregard.
9) Boot into 8.10. Networking doesn't work. Network manager says device is unmanaged. Open a terminal.
10) sudo gedit /etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf
11) under [ifupdown], change managed=true
12) reboot, it worked for me!!
If you have any trouble let me know, I may not be able to help but you will get lots of sympathy. If I dedicated half the amount of time I wasted getting this working to doing actual work ....
Re: Ubuntu 8.10 beta 64-bit on Asus p5q3 [solved]
Also, see this thread for some others who have been successful.
Tags for this Thread