Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: no more problems with your..mDSL

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: no more problems with your..mDSL

Hello There Cliston , there no problems with Sudani mdsl zte modem(AC8700) , now ubuntu networkmanager Detect it as modem (just updated days ago - sudo apt-get update should do it - https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/321213 -), you just need to setup an account number is #777 user= sudani pass=sudani , I neva got how they made their network it's 10.*.*.*
    about ports and so i don't think it's worked cause the type of network they have, torrents always report ports closed , neva managed to connect to any service 80,8080 looks like every port blocked (ports work with sudatel wired dsl),if it xp you got asoftware came with you just have to setup it , Note : sudani have another mdsl modem it's from LG i think but I've no clue about it ,
    hope i was helpfull enough
    Samer
    Last edited by Netcowboy; January 31st, 2009 at 08:53 PM. Reason: my english :P
    The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd

Beans

Thanks, that's really helpful.

So it seems it's fairly tightly locked down as far as ports go. Looks like Skype is going to be the best VOIP solution (if it'll work)... have to see what happens. If I can manage to remote login to the machine then I can test it from outside.

Good to know that Ubuntu works on mDSL... I think I won't install it this time, but will see how it goes...

Beans

hi there while im seekin de ubuntu forum website, accidently found your threads,im trying to make mdsl sudani works with unbuntu, ive been struggling for two weeks but still cant, its freaken complicated,i reconfiged the wvdial text as uve described,even though when i try to access as a root, i get the same problem. so I accessed the internet via windows,because there is no connetion with ubuntu and downloaded the gppp dial up, according to rules wvdial doesn't work and it runs as a command line, thus the gppp won't even work because its the same functions comparing with wvdial but it runs graphically.I did call the main help center of ZTE and i got their helps,they have sent me this program "zteac8700forlinuxsystem" but still have some problems to open it , it says the archive can't access the files. by the way my ubuntu is installed inside windows as a dual boot.

ubuntu 8.04 hardy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thumbs down Re: no more problems with your..mDSL

Hello fathhi001 , you can use sudani zte mdsl with network manager but to do this you need to make Network-Manager detect your modem , you need to this check it on this link http://www.linux4sudan.org/web/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=580
    The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd

Beans

Update

For some reason best known only to themselves, the Ubuntu developers have failed to include wvdial in Ubuntu 9.04. However, all is not lost.

You will need to get wvdial and certain dependencies. These can be obtained at:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/wvdial

I found I needed only the following dependencies:

[For wvdial] libuniconf4.4

[For libuniconf4.4] libwstream4.4-base as well as libwvstreams4.4-extras

[For libwvstream4.4-base] libxplc0.3.1.3

Then as I showed above to configure wvdial.conf...

Beans

Further to the above...

A far simpler solution is now offered in Jaunty:

Simply open Network Connections. Click on the Mobile Broadband tab, next highlight the Auto Mobile Broadband (CDMA) connection and select "Edit". On the Mobile Broadband tab, fill in the fields (Number: #777; Username: sudani; Password: sudani). Now apply and then close.

Fire up the connection and away you go...

Hence, no wvdial included in Jaunty, I suppose.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Yeah that work for me well in jaunty it's so much easy thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Smile Re: no more problems with your..mDSL

Thank u Jefferies,Surely it's work successfully

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123