Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: Hauppauge HVR-2250 With Mythbuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thumbs down Re: Hauppauge HVR-2250 With Mythbuntu

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleJ975 View Post
    Okay, LowSky - In my eyes you are a god with MythBuntu. Thanks to you I have my WinTV-HVR-2250 set-up and working. Both Tuners are pulling in my analog Basic Cable service and everything is working perfect off a keyboard. I am now trying to get it to work with my RC6 remote (aka 1069 new version remote) and after over 10 hours of research I can not get it detected. Ran Mythbuntu Control Center install for every remote option, and nothing...I am selecting it as a USB/Serial Remote but the ir blaster port is actually built right in the card, and I am running a brand new install of Mythbuntu 12.04 with MythTV 0.25. Is there any help out there for me? If you can't tell, I'm the worst kind of newbie coming over to linux from Windows XP of all things, so my knowledge base is very limited...typing command lines into the terminal window was overwhelming just by itself.
    I am no god. Thanks for the praise but you are way, way, way too kind.
    As far as I know there is no support for the built in IR port of the 2250. I have the older model that came with a USB receiver. I suggest you check newegg, ebay, or amazon for one that will work. I know it means spending more money but its the only thing I know.

for example:
    http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Contro...ref=pd_sim_e_1
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.

Beans

Re: Hauppauge HVR-2250 With Mythbuntu

Best and cheapest remote I have seen for mythtv:

http://rtr.ca/sapphire_remote/

Beans

Hi. Finally decided to setup a PVR alongside HTPC. I'm using hvr-2250 and xbmcbuntu (3.2.0-34-generic-pae) for my HTPC. I read the whole thread and managed to get the firmware installed on my system. Checking all the settings, 2250 is recognized and installed properly. Prior to installing mythtv, I wanted to test the 2250 using mplayer. When I try to issue the scan cmd to grab OTA channels, I get a FATAL error!

scan /usr/share/dvb/atsc/us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB | tee channels.conf
    scanning /usr/share/dvb/atsc/us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB
    using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
    main:2284: FATAL: failed to open '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0': 16 Device or resource busy

Any ideas? Only thing I can think of ATM is that the 2250 is sharing IRQ with the video card (gt610). I'm thinking of pulling the card out and test on a different ubuntu system (ie 11.10 or 12.04) instead of xbmcbuntu.

JB

Beans

My problem is now fixed and scans OTA channels. Now, I just need to adjust my antenna so that I could get all available channels... I was getting around 50 OTA with "rabbit ears" antenna and only getting 35 with the RCA outdoor antenna =[. The reason 'adapter0' couldn't be opened was due to tvheadend using the adapter0. I guess xbmcbuntu installs tvheadend by default and this problem was driving me mad. DOH!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Locking thread as new posts should be in a new thread due to the age of the original post (5 years ago). Many things have changed since then.
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950