Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Disappointing Beta Test

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    USA
    Beans
    80
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

    Cool Disappointing Beta Test

    I realize Intrepid is still in development but these are my 7 reasons Intrepid (Beta) is disappointing...

    1. Firefox is slow / Firefox crashed yesterday stating that all available memory has been used when using multiple tabs.

    2. Flash is buggy even making the firefox situation worse, i.e., some videos have major artifacts in the video.

    3. Even though Ekiga is part of Gnome, Ekiga will not be upgraded to 3 because of communication issues?

    4. Gimp is a major application for Ubuntu, why not delay the release and upgrade to 2.6?

    5. OOO 3 is a major application for Ubuntu, why not delay the release and upgrade to 3?

    6. Like everyone else the default theme is disappointing even though a lot of good work was submitted by art volunteers.

    7. Isn't cheese part of Gnome now, why is cheese not installed by default?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Luleå, Sweden
    Beans
    366
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Re: Disappointing Beta Test

    Quote Originally Posted by swj View Post
    I realize Intrepid is still in development but these are my 7 reasons Intrepid (Beta) is disappointing...

    1. Firefox is slow / Firefox crashed yesterday stating that all available memory has been used when using multiple tabs.

    2. Flash is buggy even making the firefox situation worse, i.e., some videos have major artifacts in the video.

    3. Even though Ekiga is part of Gnome, Ekiga will not be upgraded to 3 because of communication issues?

    4. Gimp is a major application for Ubuntu, why not delay the release and upgrade to 2.6?

    5. OOO 3 is a major application for Ubuntu, why not delay the release and upgrade to 3?

    6. Like everyone else the default theme is disappointing even though a lot of good work was submitted by art volunteers.

    7. Isn't cheese part of Gnome now, why is cheese not installed by default?
    I agree with 1 and 2 but... Ekiga?
    Who uses that?
    Telepathy Empathy or whatever it's called it's way more usefull since now I can talk with people on Google Talk! in Windows!

    I know no-one that uses Ekiga.

    4... sure... I'd rather see it updated post-launch.
    5... same here.
    7 I'd uninstal it anyway since I don't have a webcam.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Arcadia
    Beans
    420
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

    Re: Disappointing Beta Test

    Last edited by mc4100; October 8th, 2008 at 05:35 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    metro detriot area
    Beans
    269
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Disappointing Beta Test

    when i tested it w/ the live ce i sisn't notcice firefox . . . bu
    i've never used ekiga, dont plan on it . . . or any software like it
    gimp is alright, never used OOO but after a fresh install of any OS you have updates, so postponing the release just for a few apps i think isn't nesisary

    default theme is disapointing, but i never keep the default theme . . . never so i'd change it either way

    and . . . . yeah no webcam

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Beans
    386
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Disappointing Beta Test

    Quote Originally Posted by mc4100 View Post
    Well I don't know who's repos you've got, cause mine Gimp is 2.4

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Albuquerque New Mexico, U
    Beans
    688
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Disappointing Beta Test

    Firefox and flash are working here better than ever before. Odd.

    The rest of your list is largely personal preference, except The GIMP is at 2.6, here, anyway.
    regards

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Arcadia
    Beans
    420
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

    Re: Disappointing Beta Test

    Quote Originally Posted by olavjunior View Post
    Well I don't know who's repos you've got, cause mine Gimp is 2.4
    It's in Intrepid Main right now, you just need to update.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Beans
    131
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: Disappointing Beta Test

    Quote Originally Posted by MaX View Post
    I agree with 1 and 2 but... Ekiga?
    Who uses that?
    Telepathy Empathy or whatever it's called it's way more usefull since now I can talk with people on Google Talk! in Windows!

    I know no-one that uses Ekiga.
    I'm sure he has reasons that are different to yours to use Ekiga and to look forward to v3
    Restons Infidèles, Absurde Adversité

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Beans
    734
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

    Re: Disappointing Beta Test

    Quote Originally Posted by olavjunior View Post
    Well I don't know who's repos you've got, cause mine Gimp is 2.4
    It has just been updated, you might be using a mirror which does not have it yet, but it should be there soon when you update.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Romania, EU
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Disappointing Beta Test

    I'm playing with Gimp 2.6 right now

    Update from the main server, maybe the mirrors are delayed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •