Thread: Myth not obeying Schedules direct channel lineup

Beans

Myth not obeying Schedules direct channel lineup

This is getting to be a very frustrating issue.

Out of the several hundred DirecTV channels, there are only about 100 that I care about. I have gone through Schedules Direct and deactivated every channel I don't want.

Every time mythfilldatabase runs to update my schedule information, it puts back in every single channel from the entire lineup. So I have to spend 30 minutes every time mythfilldatabase runs going through and deleting all of the channels from the myth guide. Until I do this, the mythweb portion is all but unusable due to so many programs being displayed.

Is there a solution to this?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Myth not obeying Schedules direct channel lineup

This isn't how it behaves for me. It doesn't add back in channels that I have deleted from Schedules direct... Maybe try getting your lineup like you want it in myth and then run:

mythfilldatabase --remove-new-channels

or try running mythfilldatabase with --update option.
    Linux & MythTV 4 Life
    Running ubuntu on an Atom 330, Atom D525, Turion 64 X2 TL-56, X2 3800, X2 4200, X2 4600, E2180, Core i5 450M, and a Core i7-2600
    My Hardware

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Have you tried to edit your channels available at the Schedules Direct website itself? You can disable entire sections at the click of a mouse, or select one-by-one. Then save the changes. I'm pretty sure that Mythfilldatabase won't "see" them anymore.

Beans

I've already done that. I've deactivated all of the channels in my linup except those I want at the schedules direct website.

I'll try the variations on mythfilldatabase tonight.