Thread: Loose PHYSICAL Audio Connection

Beans

Loose PHYSICAL Audio Connection

Hey all. Ok so this has nothing to do with software, but my audio is nearly gone! There must be a loose connection within the sound card or something. Basically there is no sound coming from the speakers unless I shove something in the headphone jack and jiggle it around (gently) til I make some sort of connection. When I use headphones I only get audio from the left speaker unless I put a lot of tension on the headphone plug so that it touches something in the internals.

I'm sorry if this is unclear. It basically the same thing as when an old CD player/walkman's headphone jack starts to fuzz out and eventually lose all connectivity, if you have experienced that before. I'm wondering has this happened to anyone else? I'm specifically on a Dell laptop if it makes a difference.. And is there any way to repair this? I'm not sure where to begin. Is there some sort of replacement part I can buy? Has anyone ever fooled around with the audio internals? Maybe I could just bend a wire / piece of metal back in place or something? I really have no idea..

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Loose PHYSICAL Audio Connection

you can try by buying extension cable(3,5mm-->3.5mm)

also did you tried some other hedaphones?
    Dear god, I would like to file a bug report.

increase Firefox startup speed and speed of Smart Location Bar:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1088094