Hello,

I have been running Cinelerra under Compiz Fusion for over three months. Sometime over the past 2 or 3 days, Cinelerra started running extremely slowly... So slow that it is not usable. When I set my window manager to Metacity then Cinelerra runs fine. Its only when the window manager is Compiz that I have this huge performance slow down.

This is a new phenomena since I have been using Cinelerra under Compiz since early July, 2008 without any performance problems. My question is; Does anyone know of a Ubuntu update that would have caused this? Alternatively, is anyone aware of a Compiz or Cinelerra configuration parameter that could have caused this? I tweak my settings from time to time and it is possible that I could have changed something, particularly in Compiz, that may have caused this. The problem is, I just don't know what. If its a Ubuntu update that did this to me then I want to find out which files so that I can regress to earlier versions.

FYI, I first searched the forums for "Cinelerra", "Compiz" and "Slow" but didn't see any mention of this problem. I hope that I am not the only one....

Thanks,

Gordon