Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [SOLVED] Booting from Ubuntu LiveCD

Beans

Re: Booting from Ubuntu LiveCD

Quote Originally Posted by taladan View Post
    Burn off a simple rescuedisk livecd or some other small livecd like Damn Small Linux. Anything that won't take forever to download. Use that to check your cd drive. If it does boot from that then I'd suspect you may just have either a bad iso or a bad burn on the ubuntu livecd.

If it doesn't boot from that, check your data connection to the optical drive and the mainboard, try swapping out a data cable. Just because the light comes on doesn't mean the drive is in good working order.

Tal
    I'm downloading damn small linux rite now, i will try to burn that to a cd, if i can get it to boot then should i just download Ubuntu off of the booted damn small linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

assuming that you've tried burning a couple of different disks with the same ISO, if it boots off of the DSL then you probably do want to dl another copy of the Ubuntu ISO, and check the md5sum when you do to ensure that the dl isn't corrupted.

Tal

Beans

How about trying to run the live CD on your moms computer? Not to install, just to boot it!

When you boot the live CD you should first see the language screen:

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/ima...ardyplus01.png

Then you'll see this:

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/ima...ardyplus02.png

DO NOT CHOOSE INSTALL!

If it boots to that screen I'd check the CD for defects.

If it won't boot on her puter then you know it's a bad burn - maybe not truly burned as an ISO image. Or maybe the md5sum isn't right

Beans

Well thanks for all you're help guys, today i got some new disks and burned DSL to it and that booted my computer up, then i burned Ubuntu to another one and it booted my computer too, im now running ubuntu and its working fine, i guess i had bad disks or bad burns. Thanks again guys.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: [SOLVED] Booting from Ubuntu LiveCD

Glad we could help. Ya might think about using that little blue ribbon to thank a couple of folks

Happy Ubuntu'ing,

Tal

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123