Beans

HELP! GPU driver

------------------------------------------
    EDIT:
    Fixed my resolution back to normal, but
    if anyone has info to help me install
    NVIDIA driver please let me know
    ------------------------------------------

I have Kubunto 8.04 (64-bit) with kernel 2.6.24-19(generic) on KDE 3.5.10 with a NVIDIA GEForce 9800GTX GPU.

I attempted to change my video card driver from the default to the NVIDIA GForce one, and when I reset X I was stuck in a 640x480 resolution! I can't find the original driver I used (which at this point I would be more then happy with) and the Vesa (generic) driver didn't help at all.

I attempted to install the NVIDIA driver NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-173.14.05-pkg2.run but everytime I ran it, it said that I was missing libc headers for my distro. So I pop open aptitude and run a search and can't find any. It also says my kernel isn't supported by the driver so it wants to compile a install for my kernel, if theres an easy way to upgrade kernel in Kubunto without having to compile it all, I would be ok with that choice.

Can anyone point me to some help for installing this NVIDIA driver? as is I can barely even navigate my computer because of this resolution! makes it very hard to do anything =[
    Last edited by DoubleMcLovin; October 4th, 2008 at 06:29 PM. Reason: fixed resolution