Thread: Mail Forwarding

Beans

Mail Forwarding

I want to setup an Ubuntu mail server with it's only task being to forward mail sent to username@inbox.mydomain.com to username@mydomain.com

What would be the best way to go about doing this?

If you are wondering "why?", my company uses a 3rd party email hosting provider. We are unable to receive important email from 3 specific domains for various reasons, and the company we use does not offer the flexibility to allow specific domain through their filters. I was hoping to get around this by having the users at the blocked domains send email to username@inbox.mydomain.com and have that mail forwarded to username@mydomain.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Mail Forwarding

Quote Originally Posted by bpneiman View Post
    I want to setup an Ubuntu mail server with it's only task being to forward mail sent to username@inbox.mydomain.com to username@mydomain.com

What would be the best way to go about doing this?

If you are wondering "why?", my company uses a 3rd party email hosting provider. We are unable to receive important email from 3 specific domains for various reasons, and the company we use does not offer the flexibility to allow specific domain through their filters. I was hoping to get around this by having the users at the blocked domains send email to username@inbox.mydomain.com and have that mail forwarded to username@mydomain.com

you can set up mail server on machine to receive mail and get whoever is managing DNS for your domain to change the MX entry to point to your box. Then just set up an alias that will forward the incoming mail to the location of your choice.