Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever swallowed a fly by accident?

Beans

Re: Ever swallowed a fly by accident?

The worst is when you inhale a tiny fly through your nose. It's like, yuck.
    Q)Why did the multithreaded chicken cross the road?
    A)to To other side. get the
    Q)Why did the multithreaded chicken cross the road?
    A)other to side. To the get

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Lord DarkPat View Post
    I was prcticing badminton the other day, and I went to the water cooler to fill my water bottle. When i drank from it, I felt n unusual sensation in my mouth, and I just swallowed. My friend then said he saw a fly buzzing in there. I had an epic "..." moment.
    Once when I was on my bike.

It tasted horrible.

Beans

To many to remember.

Also had a bug in my ear, that day I went beserk, no kidding. Not a nice experience.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

On a related note: when I was a young 'un, I went cycling in the countryside. I was free-wheeling down this long slope, built up loads of speed and was really motoring... when a big fly committed suicide by flying into my face.

I was wearing spectacles, which was a good thing cos otherwise I'd probably have been blinded by the damned insect. As it was, I nearly lost control of my bicycle but luckily I didn't crash (at that speed I would have been pretty mangled). And I had to wipe gloopy fly guts off my specs - I had to use my t-shirt, so I rode home with nasty yellow bug intestines all down my front. Yuck!
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/lyrics/oldlady.htm

Memories.....

(Not of eating bugs, Nursery rhymes I mean!)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoza View Post
    I don't believe in accidents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord DarkPat View Post
    the the most hypocritical statement I have ever heard (no offense, please don't ban me)
    Maybe LaRoza thinks an accident is an unhappy chain of events? As in the "Air crash investigation" from the "National Geographic Channel"?

And to reply to the question: I don't think I swallowed a fly, but al least one got in one of my nostrils. Nasty.
    The Odor
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending small a degree of it. -- Thomas Jefferson
    Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.

Beans

I swallowed flies, gnats and some other bugs by accident on many occasions.
    HOME BUILT SYSTEM! http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/22804/ Please vote up!
    remember kiddies: sudo rm -rf= BAD!, if someone tells you to do this, please ignore them unless YOU WANT YOUR SYSTEM WIPED

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Once I got a beef Manhattan at my work cafeteria. As I was eating it, I noticed a small flake of beef in the gravy, which is normal, so I kept eating. A little later, I got a closer look and the spec of beef was a small fly. I didn't eat it, but I would have if I weren't paying attention.

One time when I was young I got an apple from our apple tree. I took a big bite only to find the other half of a worm in the apple. It tasted nasty, very bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoza View Post
    Excellent movie. I just watched it about a week ago.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans

I ate a cockroach once. It wasn't by accident though. It had been roasted, and covered with chocolate. Apparently it's some African delicacy, and they were passing them out at a local museum that were doing an African exhibition.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rune0077 View Post
    I ate a cockroach once. It wasn't by accident though. It had been roasted, and covered with chocolate. Apparently it's some African delicacy, and they were passing them out at a local museum that were doing an African exhibition.
    Maybe try some Mopani worms

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast