Thread: [SOLVED] ATI On-Board Graphics

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

[SOLVED] ATI On-Board Graphics

Does anyone know of a way to replace/repair/fix the unacceptable results of having on-board ATI radeon xpress 200 drivers? (besides trashing the mobo and starting over!)

I've got what look like light trails streaming out from the right side of my
    desktop icons - very noticeable. Just updated drivers with the newest new release and it got worse.

Is there an nvidia chipset I could substitute on an oem intel emachines mobo with Pentium D 2.66 GHz & 2Gb ddr2 RAM? I know its not worth it, but it has become a matter of principle. I do have a lightweight nvidia geforce 8200 256 shared card, maybe if I driverpro the ATI stuff out the card will work.

Any ideas or helpful suggestions are appreciated! (Ubuntu 8.04.1)
    "Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Beans

Re: ATI On-Board Graphics

Have you tried using Envy?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    Have you tried using Envy?
    That is precisely what I am using. I have sworn never again to buy an eom pc. I recently completed a build that I am extremely happy with, all top-end stuff, very fast and looks bad-*** on top of it.

Thanks for the input!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mandrill View Post
    Does anyone know of a way to replace/repair/fix the unacceptable results of having on-board ATI radeon xpress 200 drivers? (besides trashing the mobo and starting over!)

I've got what look like light trails streaming out from the right side of my
    desktop icons - very noticeable. Just updated drivers with the newest new release and it got worse.

Is there an nvidia chipset I could substitute on an oem intel emachines mobo with Pentium D 2.66 GHz & 2Gb ddr2 RAM? I know its not worth it, but it has become a matter of principle. I do have a lightweight nvidia geforce 8200 256 shared card, maybe if I driverpro the ATI stuff out the card will work.

Any ideas or helpful suggestions are appreciated! (Ubuntu 8.04.1)
    After a clean install, same problems until I fiddled around with resolution and refresh rates, until it just suddenly was perfect. Desktop effects, everything. Am I good, or what?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: [SOLVED] ATI On-Board Graphics

Common sense prevails.
    Internets //<http://www.stevey.eu>
    Advice given with no warranty implied. Results are the users own responsibility.
    Paragraphs, spelling, and grammar. All very useful, please use them. It makes reading much easier.
    Disable the PC Speaker!