Thread: CD-R OS Burning

Beans

CD-R OS Burning

Ok, my computers HDD broke a while back and need to get ubuntu back on to it. i downloaded it and Burned it onto a CD-R and i dont know what to do next.... please help if you can! : /

Beans

Re: CD-R OS Burning

Quote Originally Posted by Gevarah View Post
    Ok, my computers HDD broke a while back and need to get ubuntu back on to it. i downloaded it and Burned it onto a CD-R and i dont know what to do next.... please help if you can! : /
    Be sure that you burned it as an "Image" and not as a "File". With your successful burn as an Image, configure you're BIOS to boot from your CD/DVDROM drive (with the CD media inserted on the Optical drive).
    Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time. So long as there is a regular progression of Stimuli to get your mental hooks into, there is room for lateral movement. Once this begins, its rate is a matter of discretion.

Beans

It is burned as an image. but i tried to open it on my back up computer. and it says it needs install on demand, is that it trying to install the OS on this computer(Has Windows)

Beans

From what site did you download the ISO image? The Desktop LiveCD gives you the option to automatically install the Ubuntu OS or you could test it first by booting on the LiveCD's desktop before a drive installation.
    Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time. So long as there is a regular progression of Stimuli to get your mental hooks into, there is room for lateral movement. Once this begins, its rate is a matter of discretion.