Thread: [SOLVED] problem with printing in GIMP

Beans

Question [SOLVED] problem with printing in GIMP

I really like GIMP, use it a lot, but there's one thing that drives me crazy: Gutenprint will not print the page the same size as it was when created. For example, if I make something US letter size (8-1/2" x 11") Gutenprint puts a margin around it, thus making everything smaller. I've tried tweaking every possible setting in the print setup, and nothing fixes it. Am I missing something? It seems that there should be a simple solution for this, but I'm not finding it.
    Thanks,
    Steve Shelby

Beans

Re: problem with printing in GIMP

Go to the Page Setup in the Print dialog box: type 100% in the Scale box of the Layout column and then click the Image Settings tab, click the Ignore Page Margins check box to choose this option.
    Have you ever tried this way before ?
    Last edited by bambootree; November 20th, 2008 at 08:27 AM.

Beans

Re: problem with printing in GIMP

Quote Originally Posted by bambootree View Post
    ...and then click the Image Settings tab, click the Ignore Page Margins check box to choose this option.
    There's the problem. My Gutenprint doesn't have an "Image Setting" tab!
    Thanks for your reply,
    Steve

Beans

SOLVED Re: problem with printing in GIMP

After a lot of fooling around and wasting of time I finally solved this problem. I tried to install GIMP 2.6, but apparently it's not compatible with gutsy yet. So I installed a slightly newer version of GIMP (2.4.6). Its printing plugin is vastly improved over what I had, and It will allow me to get rid of the margins.
    Steve