Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 7, Save your money.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Windows 7, Save your money.

Windows XP and Vista will be supported until at least 2014. Windows 8 is due out in 2012.

I dont really care for Windows but threads about Windows 7 seem to be popping up all the time and i think as release date gets closer the trend will continue.

So for all those considering 7, i would seriously think about what i said above.

My 2 cents.

Beans

Re: Windows 7, Save your money.

XP is old, and apparantly win 7 is a significant improvement over vista, so if you want a good amount of ram you are going to be forced to use 7.
    It's just a horrible shame the 64 bit XP failed so horribly.
    Licat volaré si superturgum Aquila volat

Beans
    Hidden!

I question the origin of a lot of the hype - I suspect online journalists need to get income from many sources

Learn from history - never expect the first release of any engineered product to be solid and bug-free. For example, look at the difference between KDE 4.0 and 4.3, or any brand new car model over its later revisions.

Many businesses don't touch each Windows version until the 2nd or 3rd Service Pack comes out.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
    Windows XP and Vista will be supported until at least 2014. Windows 8 is due out in 2012.

I dont really care for Windows but threads about Windows 7 seem to be popping up all the time and i think as release date gets closer the trend will continue.

So for all those considering 7, i would seriously think about what i said above.

My 2 cents.
    Just because Windows XP is supported until 2014 doesn't mean you should stick with it. Some people may have uses for the features Windows 7 has to offer.

Windows XP is horribly outdated, and just offers basic computing needs now. If you're just an average user that goes on the computer to view your emails, listen to music and browse the web. Then by all means, stick with Windows XP.

Beans

This could be said about any OS

We should have kept with windows 1 or Redhat 1. or better still Sinclair ZX1
    This account is not active.

Beans

Just because XP will be supported till Win 8 doesnt mean that Win 7 is not an improvement..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Windows 7 will be free for me because I recently bought a Dell... So I guess you'll all be angry at me ha ha

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by scragar View Post
    apparantly win 7 is a significant improvement over vista
    Not in my experience. It's a slight improvement, but overall it's very similar.

pwnst*r is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post

My 2 cents.
    i seriously considered it and keeping my pre-order anyway.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Windows 7 = Windows Vista SP3
    Windows XP = Zombieware (living dead OS)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast