Thread: [SOLVED] Open Source Software for electrocardiogram interpretation

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question [SOLVED] Open Source Software for electrocardiogram interpretation

Hi,
    I work as a Nurse in a Cardiology department, but specifically Coronary Care. I have a lot of experience of reading adult electrocardiograms (ECGs) but am about to switch to neonatology (babies) and paediatrics (children). I seem to recall that one of the administrators is a cardiologist - can't remember which one, though! - and there is a site dedicated to ECGs. Does anyone know of one for neonates and paeds, or whether the aforementioned has this knowledge available? Thanks for your consideration.
    I am not what I ought to be. I am not what I want to be. I am not what I hope to be. But still, I am not what I used to be. And by the grace of God, I am what I am (John Newton: 1725-1807)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Open Source Software for electrocardiogram interpretation

bump
    I am not what I ought to be. I am not what I want to be. I am not what I hope to be. But still, I am not what I used to be. And by the grace of God, I am what I am (John Newton: 1725-1807)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

One last bump! Anyone?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I can't help with the software, sorry - the last time I was hooked up to any kind of ECG gear it was running Windows XP
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Never assume that information you find using a search engine is up-to-date.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Now that's a scary thought.

You trust people's lives to Windows, Doc?

*chuckles*

As for the ecg software, I've never looked for anything like that, but you might (if you can't get anything off of apt-cache search ecg) look through sourceforge.net or freshmeat.net. They tend to have all sorts of interesting compileable software.

Good luck and let us know what you find out?

Tal

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks to you both. Unfortunately, I've failed so far, but I've asked the admins/mods/forum staff etc. to see if they can find the member who is a consultant cardiologist here in the UK. Hopefully, he can help. Once again, thanks to you for your consideration. Regards,

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

bodhi-zazen,

never one to fail in your task: thank you so much! I'm specifically looking for neonatal and paediatric ECG interpretation, or more to the point, HOW to interpret them. A normal rhythm in adults may not be so for kids or babies. What you've given me is excellent, and if it fails in any area then I've now got plenty of scope to investigate further along those lines. Thread solved! Kind regards,