Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I like Ubuntu... hate coffee...

Beans

Re: Hmm- this is odd

Quote Originally Posted by matthew
    Do you drink it Turkish style or European style? Either way it is far better than American style.
    Both. But Turkish coffee is healthier since it can get filtered by the kidneys easily, say the doctors. Plus you take it in smaller doses.

How exactly does the American style differ from the European one?
    Previously known as 23meg

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: I like Ubuntu... hate coffee...

coffee? thanks for the idea.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by fuscia
    coffee? thanks for the idea.
    diet RockStar, oh yeah!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Talking Re: I like Ubuntu... hate coffee...

After I began to regularly read and post here on ubuntu forums, I've developed a serious coffee addiction. I didn't drin coffee that much before, not even everyday. I had frequently weeks between my coffee moments, but since I started to brainwash my self with this forums coffee theme I've started to drink coffee 1st daily and then twice a day, then three times.

This week I have just bought my 1st coffee machine. And gues what.. It's a espresso machine. I fell in love with espresso few weeks back when I tried out some "special" coffees in a coffee shop.

I usualy check these forums 1st thing in the morning (like now), and drink a big mug full of black espresso with some sugar. According to my espressomachine, my mug fits 5 normal "espresso cups", those small portions espresso usualy comes. No milk, no nothing, just pure "kick-my-teeths-in" strong black espresso.. can't live w/o it anymore
    <sarcasm>
    Thanks Ubuntuforums, you have made me to spend zillions of euros to coffee and a freeking espresso machine! </sarcasm>

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Ok what's the difference between the styles of coffee?
    Do you mean where the beans are from or how it is made?

I'm not a fancy guy. Plain drip coffee or the kind you get at diners are fine by me but I can drink a whole pot by myself easy.

Beans

Re: Hmm- this is odd

Quote Originally Posted by 23meg
    How exactly does the American style differ from the European one?
    Well now, depending on what area you're in....

This ought to turn some monks in Italy over in their grave: Standard american coffee is medium roasted slash beans (beans that do not make grade "A" cuts,) cut to a fine powder (yes, cut, not ground,) steep-brewed with water, frozen into a block, run through a chipper, and dehydrated into "crystals" that the average american "brews" in their coffee pot with water and a filter.

New Orleans coffee is cold-brewed chicory-base-roasted beans... which is enough to put hair on your chest... even if you're a woman.

Many americans however, simply opt for their local drive-through-cafe for coffee, hence the rise of the euorpean style coffee (espressos, etc.)
    ??? :: ubuntu is my OS soul mate
    UDSF :: Forum Policies :: Unanswered Posts :: Ruby :: Donate
    official ubuntu member
    :: ??????? :: so say we all

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by uberlinux
    diet RockStar, oh yeah!
    you should try the food poisoning diet sometime. that rox for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Luggy
    there's a difference in where the beans are grown, how the beans are roasted (darker roasts are less oily and more kitty litter tasting, while lighter roasts are more like what most americans drink). how the drink is made not only affects the taste, but supposedly affects how the body reacts regarding elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Luggy
    Both. The beans themselves, how they're processed, how finely grained the end product is.. everything has effect. For example Turkish coffee is very finely grained (almost identical to cocoa powder), results in a thick liquid when boiled and is served in very small special cups as opposed to mugs.
    Previously known as 23meg

Beans
    Hidden!

Instead of coffee cups, why not pop cans or bottles? Instead of 5 cups of Ubuntu we could have 5 bottles of Ubuntu. Better yet, why not have the option to change the cups to pop cans or bottles in your profile?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Heh I love Ubuntu, and I love coffee That's what keeps me running at work
    AMD64 3000+, 512MB DDR, 120GB SATA, RADEON 9550 @ Linux
    I'm still expanding my Linux knowledge and I'm enjoying every minute of it =D>

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast