Thread: hardy - samba server, my wireless client disconnects

Beans

hardy - samba server, my wireless client disconnects

I have a hardy 64 bit on my ubuntu server. I installed samba server and it works okay with all the gigabit wired connections (windows XP) in my room. But when I connect with my laptop (Vista/XP) through wireless, my wireless completely dies for about a minute if I try to upload files. No problem when I try to download, except that it is extremely slow (700KB/s).

My laptop is a thinkpad x61 tablet, intel wireless 4965 connected to a Buffalo wireless G router with clear signals. All drivers and firmwares are up to date.

I never had this kind of a problem while on the web, or transferring files between windows servers. What could the cause be?

---edit on 2008/10/3---
    I got tired of my laptops wireless getting kicked off the network when uploading to my server, so I wiped everything and installed windows server 2003. With windows 2003, everything is working perfectly fine.

I wish I was good at ubuntu. I'll just have to use virtual computer software for loading ubuntu in windows.
    Last edited by hp79; October 3rd, 2008 at 10:20 PM. Reason: I went to windows server 2003.