Thread: [SOLVED] Help for Desktop settings

Beans

[SOLVED] Help for Desktop settings

Hi. I am totally new to KDE4. I just installed Kubuntu 8.04.1 Desktop yesterday and lots of devices didn't work after a while made to work some of the devices. but now I have another issue and need help if anyone can. I was surfing web and on task bar I right click and selected quite and some how it not only closed Firefox but also removed my Desktop 1 & 2 squere icons beside the Clock and now clock shifted to the leftmost beside K and I can not bring it back to the default. please help me someone to bring desktop 1&2 squares and Clock back to original location.
    Thanks in advance,
    Amrish

Beans

Re: Help for Desktop settings

Quote Originally Posted by amrishp View Post
    Hi. I am totally new to KDE4. I just installed Kubuntu 8.04.1 Desktop yesterday and lots of devices didn't work after a while made to work some of the devices. but now I have another issue and need help if anyone can. I was surfing web and on task bar I right click and selected quite and some how it not only closed Firefox but also removed my Desktop 1 & 2 squere icons beside the Clock and now clock shifted to the leftmost beside K and I can not bring it back to the default. please help me someone to bring desktop 1&2 squares and Clock back to original location.
    Thanks in advance,
    Amrish
    Note: there is information & help on the task bar, right click the task bar and click "help". It has good info on how to do the most common things with the task bars.

If you removed items altogether and want them back... right click the task bar and choose "add to panel" find the program that you want, highlight it, and click "add". If the items are there and are just not where you want them...

to move items around the task bar:
    right click on the item and...
    1. clear checkbox (if checked) "lock to panel" then-
    2. click move... now move the items to where you want them by just moving the pointer, then click to place it. Then right click and check "lock to panel".

If that doesn't work, you can always try...

http://www.watchingthenet.com/restor...-settings.html

Beans

Re: Help for Desktop settings

Thanks for advice and link. i ended up reinstalling all back.