Thread: Ada: HOW TOs; help

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Ada: HOW TOs; help

i've been reading a wikibook on Ada scripting... but it doesn't tell me how to actually run the program. any ideas ? (google proved useless in this situation).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Ada: HOW TOs; help

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer989 View Post
    i've been reading a wikibook on Ada scripting... but it doesn't tell me how to actually run the program. any ideas ? (google proved useless in this situation).
    Are you talking about programming in the Ada language? If so you first need to compile and link your program and then run it. The development/compile environment for Ada is called gnat. Find that and install it then compile your program and you should be ready to go.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

yeah... i have all that setup; gnat and it's dependencies. what people weren't telling me is how to run the program... i figured it out: ./filename

thanks anways.

i may be asking more questions here at a later time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I worked with Ada for a number of years. I may be able to help you but then who knows. The ./filename is how any program which is not on your $PATH is executed. You have to fully identify it because . is unually not on your $PATH for security reasons (though many change that).

Norm