Thread: Emerald replace help, xwinrap help please

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Emerald replace help, xwinrap help please

Hello every time i run emerald --replace command in terminal it replaces the them but then i close the terminal and the bar at the top of any of my folders or explorers vanishes. how do i keep the them loaded so that this doesnt happen.

And where can i get xwinwrap. i cant find it. I dont know how to compile the script i keep finding.

i Use Ubuntu 8.04

Beans

Re: Emerald replace help, xwinrap help please

either type
    emerald --replace &

or add it to your startups. fusion-icon should work too, as well as emerald --replace as command in ccsm --> window decorations

xwinwrap:
    you don't need to compile it, you can simply run it. you may have to make it executable first:
    chmod +x /path/to/script/xwinwrap (adjust the path)

and run it for example with:
    Code:
    nice -n 15 ./xwinwrap -ni -o 0.20 -fs -s -sp -st -b -nf -- /usr/lib/xscreensaver/glmatrix -root -window-id WID
    if you dont have xscreensaver installed, install it first.

xwinwrap --help should give you a description of available options to run the video you like.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Emerald replace help, xwinrap help please

Thanks alot It works fine now thanks to you. finaly i dont have to leave that cursed terminal open...lol.

I got xwinwrap to work but how do i get it to keep the desktop icons on top of the screen? also that doesnt stay open unless i leave the terminal open for it.

* EDIT *

NVM i got winwrap to work without terminal. im fine... Thanks again for all your help
    Last edited by Soldierexile; September 27th, 2008 at 03:11 AM. Reason: FIXed****