Thread: Using Content in Education

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Question Using Content in Education

Hi there, I work in adult education within prisons, and have persuaded my boss to try GIMP as a complement/alternative to Photoshop in the computer graphics suite he has set up. WooHoo!

I wondered if it would be okay to copy your marvellous tutorial series as an introduction, initially for my boss only, but, perhaps, later, as the basis for some training courses. As a prison education department we cannot use any web-based material except what can be copied to disk and physically taken into the department: the internet is a no-no.

I understand the licensing allows free use of all the material but it seems to me it represents a huge effort on the part of the author and I would like to know what conventions of acknowledgement and courtesy exist in such circumstances.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Re: Using Content in Education

You could copy the site Grokking the Gimp and use that in your classes. A download is advertised on the site so obviously no problem using it.
    Noli illegitimi carborundum

Re: Using Content in Education

Here is the license:

The articles contained in this magazine are released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0
    Unported license. This means you can adapt, copy, distribute and transmit the articles but only under the following
    conditions: You must attribute the work to the original author in some way (at least a name, email or URL) and to this
    magazine by name ('full circle magazine') and the URL www.fullcirclemagazine.org (but not attribute the article(s) in any way that
    suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work). If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you must distribute the
    resulting work under the same, similar or a compatible license.
    It is on page 2.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine