Thread: Headphones && Speakers problem (different)

Beans

Headphones && Speakers problem (different)

Hi there, I got the same problem like some other users in this forum but this one is a little different.

When I connect my headphones my speakers wont mute. So I read several threads about the same problem but I have a "small" difference.

aplay -l
    Code:
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: HDA Generic [HDA Generic]
    Subdevices: 0/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    Model = Generic -.-"

Output for head -n 1 /proc/asound/card0/codec*
    Code:
    Codec: Realtek ID 272
    This codec won't appear on the ALSA list needed to edit the alsa-base

Any ideas?? Thanks.

Beans

Re: Headphones && Speakers problem (different)

/bump

Beans

=/

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I have exactly the same problem. I've been trying fix it almost a month and the speakers are still playing while the headphones are plugged in. What laptop do you have. I have Toshiba Qosmio F50-108. I wrote on many forums but nobody knows what to do.

Beans

hi,
    I have toshiba qosmio x305 and i have the same problem. But I guess it is not gonna be solved soon because alsa doesn't have support for realtek Id 272 for now. So we have to wait until this is solved...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

That's very bad I hope that alsa will develop support for this snd card soon :-/

Beans

Thanks to a wordpress blog I found this thread which appears to have a workaround. I haven't tried it personally, I'll post here tonight if it works for me.

Beans

Hi all,
    As I said before, I have toshiba qosmio x305-q701 laptop. I installed ubuntu 8.10 on it. I had the same problem with ubuntu until I downloaded and compiled newest alsa codec pack. There is no problem right now. I don't know if it will be added to repos soon, but it is not hard to compile manually.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by saygin View Post
    Hi all,
    As I said before, I have toshiba qosmio x305-q701 laptop. I installed ubuntu 8.10 on it. I had the same problem with ubuntu until I downloaded and compiled newest alsa codec pack. There is no problem right now. I don't know if it will be added to repos soon, but it is not hard to compile manually.
    Hi there, i bought a toshiba qosmio x305-q705 and i found myself in the same situation. When i plug in the headphones the speakers won't mute.

When i do

aplay -l

Code:
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: HDA Generic [HDA Generic]
    Subdevices: 0/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    i got the same response as d4ni (idk if thats... bad... should show realtec or something?)

In your thread you state you found a workaround by installing compiling the latest alsa drivers (i guess this ones arent in the official repos). Do you mind pointing me out to a detailed HOWTO-like guide of sorts. I'm pretty new to the ubuntu world and i quite don't get whats the problem.

Is it that my audiocard works with a "generic" type of driver?. Thats why it sounds but has several bugs?. Does the subwoffer works with ubuntu? I mean do i get the same high quality sound as with crappy ol' windows?

Im srry if i bumped this and i shouldn't, but it seems better than makeing a hole new thread.

EDIT: I don't know if this would help but this is the output of my

"head -n 1 /proc/asound/card0/codec*"

Code:
    ==> /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 <==
    Codec: Realtek ID 272

==> /proc/asound/card0/codec#1 <==
    Codec: LSI ID 1040
    Last edited by Ryuki_NdranC; January 24th, 2009 at 01:31 AM.
    - In a world without walls and fences... who needs Windows and Gates? -
    - In the box it said "Require Windows VISTA or better... so I installed Linux -
    - Software is like sex... it's better when it's free -

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by saygin View Post
    hi,
    I have toshiba qosmio x305 and i have the same problem. But I guess it is not gonna be solved soon because alsa doesn't have support for realtek Id 272 for now. So we have to wait until this is solved...
    Did you changed anything in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base ? I mean snd-hda-intel model parameter. I have qosmio f50-108, compiled alsa-driver, utils and libs 1.0.19 and the speakers still doesn't mute, when I plug headphones.