Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell us what you'd like - Ubuntu-UK Podcast

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Tell us what you'd like - Ubuntu-UK Podcast

I'd love to hear some stuff about less well known things, for example how about a discussion about fluxbox as an alternative to gnome/kde

What weird cli tools do you use that the average joe does not know about

Thanks,

Bodsda
    computer-howto
    Linux is not windows
    Fluxbox & Flux menu how to
    Programming is an art. Learn it, Live it, Love it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Slightly off topic... but i would like to see an online shoutcast station (or similar) for Ubuntu users discussing ubuntu type things. Comprising of Music and also some ubuntu news and general talk.

Just an idea. haha

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

As I'm in the process of switching over our community radio station over to Ubuntu, I'd like to hear a programme (or a segment) that covers audio production under Ubuntu. The difference between Ubuntu Studio and the regular install, what's with ALSA, Pulse, OSS etc, people producing music or audio production purely in Ubuntu. Something like that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Cool Re: Tell us what you'd like - Ubuntu-UK Podcast

Hmm! Perhaps some discussion between the pro's and con's of the EXT3 and EXT4 Journaling system. Perhaps even a discussion about the pros and cons of 32-bit and 64-bit, and maybe how Cloud computing will figure in Karmic Koala (9.10) from October 24th?
    Terabyte1

Non sibi sed omnibus = "Not for oneself but for all."

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

i'd like you to stop breaking icepodder
    Last check completed at Fri Sep 25 17:23:06 2009
    Can't calculate MB total for Ubuntu Podcast from the UK LoCo team ? mp3-high
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./ipodder/feeds.py", line 214, in mb_on_disk
    if not os.path.isdir(path):
    File "/usr/lib/python2.5/posixpath.py", line 195, in isdir
    st = os.stat(path)
    UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xbb' in position 56: ordinal not in range(128)
    2nd time i've had to wipe and rebuild it.

Beans

It would be fun if they could show the inside of Canonical. I got the address and am looking foward to the new episode (Linuxbrother11 hasent even downloaded ONE episode of Ubuntu UK podcast). I hope they show the Shuttle like Mark ! One more thing Canonical, My CDs has been shiped once just on time (Jaunty) now I requested a new Karmic Koala and it's taking more time than usual. I just wanted to warn you about the Indian internation post. The IIP has poor regulations and co-ordination. The IIP does not submit the request on time. The IIP is basicly useless! I wanted to start a group on Ubuntu in Thiruvananthapuram India, but im afraid that not many people will join. If this happens anyway please note that you will get a lot of requests from me.

My home:

MILLBANK TOWER 21-24 MILLBANK LONDON SW1P 4QP

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Smile Re: Tell us what you'd like - Ubuntu-UK Podcast

i'd like to know what we can use ubuntu one in karmic for. it's a nice idea and all, but what can it actually do?
    also is there any way to speed up converting files to mpeg2 format to play on the tv, is it this slow in other os's , are there copyright problems etc?
    oh and a cure for the common cold would be good!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by rjs1064 View Post
    i'd like to know what we can use ubuntu one in karmic for. it's a nice idea and all, but what can it actually do?
    At the moment it syncs couchDB stuff (evolution contact lists, as evolution is the only application i know actually using it) and files. Oh, and there are some quickly apps which can also use it to sync. If you want to sync bookmarks and history I'd recommend checking out Mozilla Weave.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I've enjoyed listening to the discussions on UI design. I'm a programmer in a small team. As usual in smaller development projects my team and I act as the "UI designer". It's been great hearing how much effort and thought professionals put into the smallest details of the UI and it's given me lots of ideas.

Also one of the most common problems I've come across when installing Ubuntu on family and friends computers is setting the resolution of the TV/Monitor they use. What to do when it's not detected properly. A discussion on any GUI tools to help solve this type of issue would be great.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I enjoy listening to your podcasts, so much that it helps me sleep at night I've actually fallen asleep listening to your show at something like 2am and then waking up to you guys at 7am hehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast