Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

Quote Originally Posted by vehemoth View Post
    Sweet as, cheers for all your help anyways guys.
    No worries, I should have suggested using it earlier on...assuming it works that is!

I figure the conky side of cover art should work but with the varying versions of rhythmbox we have and it's cover art workings it ain't easy to get the the bottom of the issues

The desktop art plugin also provides controls on the desktop to skip tracks etc...the one in the PPA was adapted by me slightly from the original to have a checkbox to turn on/off song info...so it can be used to just display the image and controls with conky doing the song info if that's what's wanted....

Cheers

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    just use the "rhythmbox-desktop-art" plugin available in the ppa, that's what I used when running with RB...
    The plugin will not plugin for me.

Beans

Yeah, same for me.
    Debian squeeze and wheezy have the same rhythmbox.

Doesn't matter anyway because I think I've fallen in love with clementine.
    "I don't have a problem with someone using their talents to become successful, I just don't think the highest calling is success." - Richard Stallman
    sudo apt-get mail
    package not found

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by vehemoth View Post
    Yeah, same for me.
    Debian squeeze and wheezy have the same rhythmbox.

Doesn't matter anyway because I think I've fallen in love with clementine.
    Well, that ends that... and I'm using GMB - GMusicBrowser. It's so lightweight as to not be there.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    Well, that ends that... and I'm using GMB - GMusicBrowser. It's so lightweight as to not be there.
    MPD............you will all use it in the end, just a matter of time MUHAHAHAHAHA

Running music through a daemon which handles shoutcast/icecast out of the box too is the dogs danglies, oh and if you log out, music still plays too! It can be remote controlled from an android/iphone too

And....it's supported in conky by default...plus coverart and lyrics can be handled nicely via a little tool called mpdcron and some custom scripts (I made) which are called on track changes
    Last edited by kaivalagi; May 30th, 2011 at 03:18 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

If anyone is still interested I've been hacking away at a conkySongbird script (stolen from Kai's Exaile script, thank you for all the the work you have done) and have gotten russian song title to display as well as coverart taken from the mp3 tags. There is probably a much better way to do it but it works for me.

I've also tried my hand at the Rhythmbox problem. Russian text and some coverart displays, the unicode error for the filenames is fixed (at least for cyrillic chars). The only problem left is the coverart displays the first cover when rhythmbox starts playing but never changes.

I've attached what I'm talking about. The first image is the right cover, the second is supposed to be different.

The cover art is copied to /tmp/cover, and I have checked. The second cover is displayed in /tmp but not in conky.

Edit: I'm using Sector11's example setup from a few pages back
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

MPD............you will all use it in the end, just a matter of time MUHAHAHAHAHA
    I heard the sound of a ghost but no chains....

Running music through a daemon which handles shoutcast/icecast out of the box too is the dogs danglies, oh and if you log out, music still plays too! It can be remote controlled from an android/iphone too
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, wise man once said, no android - no music!
    How dare you mention "i"SOMETHING here!

And....it's supported in conky by default...plus coverart and lyrics can be handled nicely via a little tool called mpdcron and some custom scripts (I made) which are called on track changes
    Code:
    if_mpd_playing
    if mpd is playing or paused, display everything between $if_mpd_playing and the matching $endif
    Well, I'll be a monkey's ... don't even think it!
    Now to find out what to put between there.

Good start!
    Code:
    mpd_album
     	Album in current MPD song

mpd_artist
     	Artist in current MPD song must be enabled at compile

mpd_bar 	(height),(width)
     	Bar of mpd's progress

mpd_bitrate
     	Bitrate of current song

mpd_elapsed
     	Song's elapsed time

mpd_file
     	Prints the file name of the current MPD song

mpd_length
     	Song's length

mpd_name
     	Prints the MPD name field

mpd_percent
     	Percent of song's progress

mpd_random
     	Random status (On/Off)

mpd_repeat
     	Repeat status (On/Off)

mpd_smart 	(max length)
     	Prints the song name in either the form "artist - title" or file name, depending on whats available

mpd_status
     	Playing, stopped, et cetera.

mpd_title 	(max length)
     	Title of current MPD song

mpd_track
     	Prints the MPD track field

mpd_vol
     	MPD's volume
    Last edited by Sector11; May 30th, 2011 at 08:13 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Neon612 View Post
    If anyone is still interested I've been hacking away at a conkySongbird script (stolen from Kai's Exaile script, thank you for all the the work you have done) and have gotten russian song title to display as well as coverart taken from the mp3 tags. There is probably a much better way to do it but it works for me.

I've also tried my hand at the Rhythmbox problem. Russian text and some coverart displays, the unicode error for the filenames is fixed (at least for cyrillic chars). The only problem left is the coverart displays the first cover when rhythmbox starts playing but never changes.

I've attached what I'm talking about. The first image is the right cover, the second is supposed to be different.

The cover art is copied to /tmp/cover, and I have checked. The second cover is displayed in /tmp but not in conky.

Nice one! Maybe you should get on board with the conky companions PPA side of things with the conkySongbird script!

Can you post the script, details on the fix for the unicode side of things and the conkyrc as I'll see what can be done in the other music player scripts to handle Russian (and other) characters...

Your issue with the image not changing sounds like the conky $image variable is caching rather than refetching the /tmp/cover image, either add a "-n" to the image variable options or set the image cache (can't recall the config setting needed above TEXT line, check the conky documentation at http://conky.sourceforge.net/documentation.html) to 0
    Last edited by kaivalagi; May 30th, 2011 at 08:15 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    Now to find out what to put between there.
    Thought this would get you started, any more mpd posts need to go elsewhere though, PM me if you want

Here's part of my conkyrc for mpd:
    Code:
    mpd_host		<IP ADDRESS_OF_SERVICE>
    mpd_password            <PASSWORD>
    mpd_port		6600

TEXT
    ${image $HOME/.scripts/conky/opaque.png -p -1,-1 -s 260x329}
    $if_mpd_playing${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=6}${alignr 10}${if_match "$mpd_repeat" == "On"}REPEAT$endif
    ${alignr 10}${if_match "$mpd_random" == "On"}SHUFFLE$endif
    ${voffset 200}
    ${color2}${font}${mpd_bar 10,256}
    ${voffset 5}${color2}${font}${goto 15}${mpd_elapsed}/${mpd_length} - ${mpd_percent}%${alignr 5}${mpd_status} ${mpd_bitrate}k/s
    ${voffset 5}${color1}${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=9}${alignc}${mpd_title}
    ${font}${alignc}${color2} from the album ${color1}${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=9}${mpd_album}
    ${color2}${font}${alignc} by ${color1}${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=9}${mpd_artist}
    ${color2}${hr}
    ${if_existing /tmp/lyrics}${image $HOME/.scripts/conky/opaque.png -p -1,330 -s 260x565}
    ${color1}${font Liberation Sans:style=Bold:size=9}${exec fold -s -w 40 /tmp/lyrics | sed 's/^/  /'}
    ${color2}${hr}$endif
    ${if_existing /tmp/cover}${image /tmp/cover -p 4,4 -s 254x254 -n}$endif
    $endif

And here are the 2 scripts I use with mpdcron, for me they need to live in $HOME/.mpdcron/hooks/ to get fired on track changes. Note the red text is what is made available by mpdcron

coverart.sh:
    Code:
    #!/usr/bin/env sh
    ##### get coverart linked #####
    coverfile="$HOME/.covers/$MPD_SONG_TAG_ARTIST-$MPD_SONG_TAG_ALBUM.jpg"
    outputcoverfile="/tmp/cover"
    if [ -f "$coverfile" ]; then
        rm -f "$outputcoverfile"
        echo "coverart.sh - Linking '$outputcoverfile' to cover file '$coverfile'"
        ln -s "$coverfile" "$outputcoverfile"
    else
        echo "coverart.sh - No matching cover art file found here: '$coverfile'"
        rm -f "$outputcoverfile"
    fi
    lyrics.sh:
    Code:
    #!/usr/bin/env sh

# get lyrics (if found) and copy it to /tmp/lyrics
    lyricsfile="$HOME/.lyrics/$MPD_SONG_TAG_ARTIST-$MPD_SONG_TAG_TITLE.txt"
    outputlyricsfile="/tmp/lyrics"
    if [ -f "$lyricsfile" ]; then
        rm -f "$outputlyricsfile"
        echo "lyrics.sh - Linking '$outputlyricsfile' to cover file '$lyricsfile'"
        ln -s "$lyricsfile" "$outputlyricsfile"
    else
        rm -f "$outputlyricsfile"
    fi

Beans
    Hidden!

Stolen? Oh my! CCCC'd maybe but stolen; never.
    Hey, if it works ... it's good.

Ahhhhhhhh no wonder I don't know what it is - Songbird is a MacWindows app!

Well, to be honest it's not really mine. It's modified from:

/usr/share/conkyrhythmbox/example/conkyrc
    /usr/share/conkyrhythmbox/example/conkyRhythmbox.template

What would happen if you changed /tmp/cover ?
    I ask because I have had bad luck with /tmp/ in the past.
    ~/rb/cove or something else maybe.

Looks good Neon612, hope you keep at it.

Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast