Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

Quote Originally Posted by HarshReality View Post
    So what are we using to display the album art?
    Options 1 or 2 above both support album art...

Beans
    Hidden!

INSTALL UPDATE

PPA Location Changes

I have created new PPA's on launchpad to sub-divide all my scripts into their own categories. As such the installation steps for conky scripts have changed, which have been updated on the first post.

You should all change the repository details using the first post steps to get new updates, no new updates will be applied to the old archive location going forwards.

By all means leave the old settings in place too, but these will not help you much.

Jaunty Package Support

I have created equivalent packages for Jaunty Jackalope in my PPA's now. They are identical to the intrepid packages but sit under a jaunty location. In my limited testing they all seem to work fine. Again the first post has been updated to describe the setup steps.

Chimo!

Beans

Is there a way to set or specify the length/width of the execibar?

my main .conkyrc is set to 1024 768 and with a maximum width of 1010. I just want to set a width if it's possible? TIA!

${execibar 1 conkyRhythmbox --datatype=PP} or i'm just missing something? it's located on the lower left of my desktop screen, and I want to set the width so it won't go to the other end right of the screen....

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Laserion View Post
    Is there a way to set or specify the length/width of the execibar?

my main .conkyrc is set to 1024 768 and with a maximum width of 1010. I just want to set a width if it's possible? TIA!

${execibar 1 conkyRhythmbox --datatype=PP} or i'm just missing something? it's located on the lower left of my desktop screen, and I want to set the width so it won't go to the other end right of the screen....
    What you want is possible and it's all down to the "maximum_width" settings of your conkyrc. It has nothing to do with the conkyRhythmbox script.

SHould be straight forward...if you need help I would suggest posting on this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=281865

I just don't use Conky anymore, I have my own app, see my sig below

Beans

yup, my maximum_width is set to 1010. And also combined the conkyRhythmbox on my .conkyrc configuration....

Really appreciate your time and help, bro! Thanks for the link and big thanks for the prompt response!

wow, you have your own app, kewl!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Thanks SO MUCH for this, I love conky and have been searching all over for a Rhythmbox app.

So far works fine under Jaunty .
    ...awfully glad to be a beta

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by anandamide View Post
    Thanks SO MUCH for this, I love conky and have been searching all over for a Rhythmbox app.

So far works fine under Jaunty .
    You have a couple of other options I have created too that aren't conky based...

A) Use my new app, see the link in my sig

B) You could try the "rhythmbox-desktop-art" package which is available in my ppa's. It is a plugin for rhythmbox which displays song info/cover art when the song changes, it can also control rhythmbox in simple ways...based on other package installs the below steps are needed for the rb plugin to become available:

1) Create the necessary list file for access to the rhythmbox repository by running one of these.

Jaunty Jackalope:
    Code:
    sudo wget -q http://www.kaivalagi.com/ubuntu/ppa/m-buck-rhythmbox-jaunty.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/m-buck-rhythmbox-jaunty.list
    Intrepid Ibex:
    Code:
    sudo wget -q http://www.kaivalagi.com/ubuntu/ppa/m-buck-rhythmbox-intrepid.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/m-buck-rhythmbox-intrepid.list
    2) Add the repository public key to your apt setup by running this:

Code:
    wget -q http://www.kaivalagi.com/ubuntu/ppa/m-buck-rhythmbox-key.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -
    3) Now that is done simply run the following to install

Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install rhythmbox-desktop-art
    4) Restart rhythmbox and you should find the plugin listed as "Desktop-Art"
    Last edited by kaivalagi; April 27th, 2009 at 09:13 AM.

Beans

Talking Re: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

Just got to tell you - your Rhythmbox desktop art plugin is FANTASTIC! Brilliant job. So much easier and more flexible than the Conky rhythmbox script. Looks really sexy too Thanks sooo much.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I think I'm going to need to reinstall this script. It's stopped working since my upgrade to Jaunty.
    Desktop: Quantal on Core2 Duo E8500/Asus P5Q
    Laptop: Precise on S76 Pangolin

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
    I think I'm going to need to reinstall this script. It's stopped working since my upgrade to Jaunty.
    Have you followed the new instructions to install from the new ppa location? The old PPA is not being updated anymore, there is now a conky specific ppa where all the updates will go.

See the first post for details on the PPA setup

Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast