Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 572

Thread: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

  1. #471
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    5238'41.6"N/119'43.6"E
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

    Quote Originally Posted by vehemoth View Post
    Yes I do, as it displays the album text just not the image. Here's that example path
    ~/Music/ogg/Константин - Константинополь -- Jamendo - OGG Vorbis q7 - 2011.03.20 [www.jamendo.com]
    Would the above be a good example file path to an image that I could mock up? If not give me something to go on as far as cover art filepath for the copy

    No promises as I have very little time available right now but I suspect it relates to the shutil utility which I use to copy the files...


    These are the lines of code responsible for the copy:
    Code:
                        else:
                            self.logInfo("Copying coverart from %s to %s"%(self.musicData.coverart, self.options.coverartpath))
                            shutil.copy(self.musicData.coverart, self.options.coverartpath)
                            self.musicData.coverart = self.options.coverartpath                        
                            output = self.musicData.coverart
    Maybe you could find an alternative to what is in red above if you are waiting for a proper fix from me?

  2. #472
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Aotearoa
    Beans
    59

    Re: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

    Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    Would the above be a good example file path to an image that I could mock up? If not give me something to go on as far as cover art filepath for the copy

    No promises as I have very little time available right now but I suspect it relates to the shutil utility which I use to copy the files...


    These are the lines of code responsible for the copy:
    Code:
                        else:
                            self.logInfo("Copying coverart from %s to %s"%(self.musicData.coverart, self.options.coverartpath))
                            shutil.copy(self.musicData.coverart, self.options.coverartpath)
                            self.musicData.coverart = self.options.coverartpath                        
                            output = self.musicData.coverart
    Maybe you could find an alternative to what is in red above if you are waiting for a proper fix from me?
    Yeah, that was one of the albums that wasn't working for me, I think it's the non ascii characters.
    http://www.jamendo.com/en/artist/Artist_%28356%29 You can download that album for free to test it if you want.
    "I don't have a problem with someone using their talents to become successful, I just don't think the highest calling is success." - Richard Stallman
    sudo apt-get mail
    package not found

  3. #473
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    5238'41.6"N/119'43.6"E
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

    Sorry but I don't use Rhythmbox normally these days and trying to get cover art to even be found is proving difficult....I doubt I can get this working without spending quite a bit of time on RB to begin with.

    What I have attempted is to provide what the path would likely be found as in the script to see what the copy command would do....it copies the cover art fine e.g:
    Code:
    INFO: Calling dbus interface for music data
    INFO: Setting up dbus interface
    INFO: Calling dbus interface for music data
    INFO: Preparing output for datatype:CA
    INFO: Copying coverart from /home/USER/Music/Константин - Константинополь/Константин - Константинополь.jpg to /tmp/cover
    Do you get an error when running in the terminal window with the --verbose option?

    I wonder whether this is a cover art not being even discovered rather than the copy not working?

    Can you post the --verbose output from the script when run it with one of those tracks playing e.g. what you get from this in a console:

    Code:
    conkyRhythmbox --datatype=CA --verbose
    P.S. Interesting guitar player...I am not so keen on standard rock but track 5 (Дирижабль) was listened to more than once...

  4. #474
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Aotearoa
    Beans
    59

    Re: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

    Yeah sometimes I just get albums for the one song, but I like a bit of his stuff.

    Here's that output
    Code:
    *** INITIAL OPTIONS:
        datatype: CA
        template: None
        ratingchar: *
        nounknownoutput: False
        secondsoutput: False
        maxlength: 0
        verbose: True
        errorlogfile: None
        infologfile: None
    INFO: Calling dbus interface for music data
    INFO: Setting up dbus interface
    INFO: Calling dbus interface for music data
    INFO: Preparing output for datatype:CA
    INFO: Copying coverart from /home/vehemoth/Music/ogg/šонс‚ан‚ин - šонс‚ан‚инополŒ -- Jamendo - OGG Vorbis q7 - 2011.03.20 [www.jamendo.com]/[cover] šонс‚ан‚ин - šонс‚ан‚инополŒ.jpg to /tmp/cover
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/share/conkyrhythmbox/conkyRhythmbox.py", line 224, in getOutputData
        shutil.copy(self.musicData.coverart, self.options.coverartpath)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/shutil.py", line 84, in copy
        copyfile(src, dst)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/shutil.py", line 50, in copyfile
        with open(src, 'rb') as fsrc:
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/home/vehemoth/Music/ogg/\xd0\x9a\xd0\xbe\xd0\xbd\xd1\x81\xd1\x82\xd0\xb0\xd0\xbd\xd1\x82\xd0\xb8\xd0\xbd - \xd0\x9a\xd0\xbe\xd0\xbd\xd1\x81\xd1\x82\xd0\xb0\xd0\xbd\xd1\x82\xd0\xb8\xd0\xbd\xd0\xbe\xd0\xbf\xd0\xbe\xd0\xbb\xd1\x8c -- Jamendo - OGG Vorbis q7 - 2011.03.20 [www.jamendo.com]/[cover] \xd0\x9a\xd0\xbe\xd0\xbd\xd1\x81\xd1\x82\xd0\xb0\xd0\xbd\xd1\x82\xd0\xb8\xd0\xbd - \xd0\x9a\xd0\xbe\xd0\xbd\xd1\x81\xd1\x82\xd0\xb0\xd0\xbd\xd1\x82\xd0\xb8\xd0\xbd\xd0\xbe\xd0\xbf\xd0\xbe\xd0\xbb\xd1\x8c.jpg'
    ERROR: Unknown error when calling getOutputData:[Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/home/vehemoth/Music/ogg/\xd0\x9a\xd0\xbe\xd0\xbd\xd1\x81\xd1\x82\xd0\xb0\xd0\xbd\xd1\x82\xd0\xb8\xd0\xbd - \xd0\x9a\xd0\xbe\xd0\xbd\xd1\x81\xd1\x82\xd0\xb0\xd0\xbd\xd1\x82\xd0\xb8\xd0\xbd\xd0\xbe\xd0\xbf\xd0\xbe\xd0\xbb\xd1\x8c -- Jamendo - OGG Vorbis q7 - 2011.03.20 [www.jamendo.com]/[cover] \xd0\x9a\xd0\xbe\xd0\xbd\xd1\x81\xd1\x82\xd0\xb0\xd0\xbd\xd1\x82\xd0\xb8\xd0\xbd - \xd0\x9a\xd0\xbe\xd0\xbd\xd1\x81\xd1\x82\xd0\xb0\xd0\xbd\xd1\x82\xd0\xb8\xd0\xbd\xd0\xbe\xd0\xbf\xd0\xbe\xd0\xbb\xd1\x8c.jpg'
    "I don't have a problem with someone using their talents to become successful, I just don't think the highest calling is success." - Richard Stallman
    sudo apt-get mail
    package not found

  5. #475
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    5238'41.6"N/119'43.6"E
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

    Ouch, it really screwed up that text....even before the copy...it must relate to the unquote call then

    Code:
    coverart = urllib.unquote(coverart).replace("file://","")
    ....not sure what I can do about this

    Can you comment out the above line from your /usr/share/conkyrhythmbox/conkyRhythmboxbox.py file with a # then try again?

    It will break still as it wont be able to copt the original file due to an invalid path, but the verbose output from it might give me more to go on...

    Cheers

  6. #476
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Aotearoa
    Beans
    59

    Re: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

    I think I got the right line, this is the output then.

    Code:
      File "/usr/share/conkyrhythmbox/conkyRhythmbox.py", line 185
        genre = props["genre"]                            
        ^
    IndentationError: expected an indented block
    And if I did it from the else statement this is what you get.
    Code:
    *** INITIAL OPTIONS:
        datatype: CA
        template: None
        ratingchar: *
        nounknownoutput: False
        secondsoutput: False
        maxlength: 0
        verbose: True
        errorlogfile: None
        infologfile: None
    INFO: Calling dbus interface for music data
    INFO: Setting up dbus interface
    INFO: Calling dbus interface for music data
    INFO: Preparing output for datatype:CA
    INFO: Copying coverart from file:///home/vehemoth/Music/ogg/%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%20-%20%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8C%20--%20Jamendo%20-%20OGG%20Vorbis%20q7%20-%202011.03.20%20%5Bwww.jamendo.com%5D/%5Bcover%5D%20%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%20-%20%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8C.jpg to /tmp/cover
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/share/conkyrhythmbox/conkyRhythmbox.py", line 224, in getOutputData
        shutil.copy(self.musicData.coverart, self.options.coverartpath)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/shutil.py", line 84, in copy
        copyfile(src, dst)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/shutil.py", line 50, in copyfile
        with open(src, 'rb') as fsrc:
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: dbus.String(u'file:///home/vehemoth/Music/ogg/%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%20-%20%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8C%20--%20Jamendo%20-%20OGG%20Vorbis%20q7%20-%202011.03.20%20%5Bwww.jamendo.com%5D/%5Bcover%5D%20%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%20-%20%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8C.jpg', variant_level=1)
    ERROR: Unknown error when calling getOutputData:[Errno 2] No such file or directory: dbus.String(u'file:///home/vehemoth/Music/ogg/%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%20-%20%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8C%20--%20Jamendo%20-%20OGG%20Vorbis%20q7%20-%202011.03.20%20%5Bwww.jamendo.com%5D/%5Bcover%5D%20%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%20-%20%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8C.jpg', variant_level=1)
    Is it on Ubuntu 11.04 that it works fine, I don't know if it will help but I'm running debian squeeze.
    "I don't have a problem with someone using their talents to become successful, I just don't think the highest calling is success." - Richard Stallman
    sudo apt-get mail
    package not found

  7. #477
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    5238'41.6"N/119'43.6"E
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

    Well the unquote works for the file path e.g. this:

    Code:
    file:///home/vehemoth/Music/ogg/%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%20-%20%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8C%20--%20Jamendo%20-%20OGG%20Vorbis%20q7%20-%202011.03.20%20%5Bwww.jamendo.com%5D/%5Bcover%5D%20%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%20-%20%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8C.jpg
    becomes this:

    Code:
    /home/vehemoth/ogg/Константин - Константинополь -- Jamendo - OGG Vorbis q7 - 2011.03.20 [www.jamendo.com]/[cover] Константин - Константинополь.jpg
    this tells me that the original filecopy error of "No such file or directory" is due to maybe characters that need escaping but aren't?

    We could try copying the file in the console using this (or similar):

    Code:
    cp /home/vehemoth/ogg/Константин - Константинополь -- Jamendo - OGG Vorbis q7 - 2011.03.20 [www.jamendo.com]/[cover] coverart-test.jpg
    If there is an issue with the copy itself we can find out what and correct for me...,maybe those "[" / "]" characters are to blame and they need a "\" insfront maybe? Not sure as I have to have my breakfast and get to work

  8. #478
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Aotearoa
    Beans
    59

    Re: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

    Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    Well the unquote works for the file path e.g. this:

    Code:
    file:///home/vehemoth/Music/ogg/%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%20-%20%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8C%20--%20Jamendo%20-%20OGG%20Vorbis%20q7%20-%202011.03.20%20%5Bwww.jamendo.com%5D/%5Bcover%5D%20%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%20-%20%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%8C.jpg
    becomes this:

    Code:
    /home/vehemoth/ogg/Константин - Константинополь -- Jamendo - OGG Vorbis q7 - 2011.03.20 [www.jamendo.com]/[cover] Константин - Константинополь.jpg
    this tells me that the original filecopy error of "No such file or directory" is due to maybe characters that need escaping but aren't?

    We could try copying the file in the console using this (or similar):

    Code:
    cp /home/vehemoth/ogg/Константин - Константинополь -- Jamendo - OGG Vorbis q7 - 2011.03.20 [www.jamendo.com]/[cover] coverart-test.jpg
    If there is an issue with the copy itself we can find out what and correct for me...,maybe those "[" / "]" characters are to blame and they need a "\" insfront maybe? Not sure as I have to have my breakfast and get to work
    I don't think that's the issue as almost all if not all my music has those characters in the folder name. It just seems to be the music with non ascii characters that are doing it.
    "I don't have a problem with someone using their talents to become successful, I just don't think the highest calling is success." - Richard Stallman
    sudo apt-get mail
    package not found

  9. #479
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SR11 Cockpit
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

    I have been watching this with some interest, so I grabbed the album with thoughts if installing Rhythembox and trying to help.

    First thing I did was open it with VLC, where I see the name of the Artist and the song, and the cover Art:

    Man can he ever pluck those strings.....
    The cover art is called:
    %5Bcover%5D%20%C3%90%C2%9A%C3%90%C2%BE%C3%90%C2%BD %C3%91%C2%81%C3%91%C2%82%C3%90%C2%B0%C3%90%C2%BD%C 3%91%C2%82%C3%90%C2%B8%C3%90%C2%BD%20-%20%C3%90%C2%9A%C3%90%C2%BE%C3%90%C2%BD%C3%91%C2%8 1%C3%91%C2%82%C3%90%C2%B0%C3%90%C2%BD%C3%91%C2%82% C3%90%C2%B8%C3%90%C2%BD%C3%90%C2%BE%C3%90%C2%BF%C3 %90%C2%BE%C3%90%C2%BB%C3%91%C2%8C.jpg
    I got to thinking and thought why not ---- I renamed the cover art

    [cover] Константин.jpg
    As you see - it works too.

    What happens if you do that and run it in Rhythembox?

    Sometimes - simple - works best! Lets hope this is one of them.

    EDIT: I agree with Mark #5 is great!!!!!
    Last edited by Sector11; May 19th, 2011 at 02:27 PM.

  10. #480
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Aotearoa
    Beans
    59

    Re: Conky Rhythmbox Python Script

    Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    I have been watching this with some interest, so I grabbed the album with thoughts if installing Rhythembox and trying to help.

    First thing I did was open it with VLC, where I see the name of the Artist and the song, and the cover Art:

    Man can he ever pluck those strings.....
    The cover art is called:


    I got to thinking and thought why not ---- I renamed the cover art


    As you see - it works too.

    What happens if you do that and run it in Rhythembox?

    Sometimes - simple - works best! Lets hope this is one of them.

    EDIT: I agree with Mark #5 is great!!!!!
    I can only get it working in rhythmbox if the cover is named with both the artist and the album.
    "I don't have a problem with someone using their talents to become successful, I just don't think the highest calling is success." - Richard Stallman
    sudo apt-get mail
    package not found

Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •