Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What stereo / record player do you have?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: What stereo / record player do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by PurposeOfReason View Post
    No.

Flac, only flac. For Gods sake if you're going to bother ripping vinyl to your computer use flac.
    Probably absolutely right; I haven't looked at flac yet.
    In any case, definitely not mp3. The format sounds bad, doesn't matter how high or low the compression rate is.
    Michael

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Arrow Re: What stereo / record player do you have?

I have SoundLab turntables and a Behringer Mixer (which I swapped for my Gemini one). Vinyl all the way!
    Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence." - Robert Anton Wilson
    *Psilocybin is the one drug you have to justify not taking!*

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: What stereo / record player do you have?

How cool to stumble on this thread!

I have a nearly one year old VPI Classic turntable with a soon-needing to be replaced Linn Adikt MM cartridge. The rest of my stereo is all classic Linn black box stuff (kolektor, lk140 in aktive) and a wonderful pair of keilidh speakers. plus various bits and pieces to hook up the computer with its flac files. plus a set of AKG 701s when I need to listen by myself.

Being umm 50 something I was there for vinyl in the 70s, moved to CDs in the 80s, moved back to vinyl in 2007. I buy music in FLAC format for downloads, mostly from Linn, but, living in Canada, I don't have access to HDTracks which is a great source of FLACs for you Yanks.

No high-res dowloads or SACD or anything like that yet. My high-res source is vinyl
    C'est ma façon de parler.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345