Re: Intrepid tester WARNING: Corruption of Intel e1000e Gigabit Cards

Ah, that's what it is. I did a search for the black list and found:
    /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-e1000e

Thank you sir.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

How can i check if my loss of wired connections is due to the bug or the blacklist?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Thumbs down Re: Intrepid tester WARNING: Corruption of Intel e1000e Gigabit Cards

That would be a problem, If you un blacklist the E1000 module you run the risk if corrupting the NVRAM it! I would use a old *buntu live cd (pre alpha 6) & boot to see if your network fires up (mine did) that way you know that your hardware is ok!

Cary
    Last edited by caryb; September 27th, 2008 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Changed term from bricking to corrupting :-)
    Ubuntu user 7859 registered Linux user 470405
    The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859"
    Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz,
    NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Ignore, late post.
    Yarly!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

<redundant>

I would advise people interested in this problem or helping the developers out to keep an eye on the Linux Kernel mailing lists found here since that is where most of the action occurs. Granted that the lists are huge, however it is a gold mine for information related to the Linux kernel.
    Last edited by PmDematagoda; September 26th, 2008 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Removed redundant information.
    Think carefully before executing commands containing "rm", especially "sudo rm -rf ", if you require more information concerning this matter, read this.
    I am an experimenter, give me the most stable OS and I can make it unstable in a few hours.

C == seriously fast == FTW!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

PmDematagoda - this is where my information is coming from, which I am distributing on various areas where I can (mainly here and Ars Technica, however my handle has appeared a couple of times in the Ubuntu Launchpad.

Edit: A summary of the issue currently appears at http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/9/25/510
    Last edited by Scruffynerf; September 26th, 2008 at 11:59 AM.
    AMD Athlon 3000 @2.0Ghz / MSI K8T Neo K8T800 / 2 GB Corsair DDR RAM / Nvidia GeForce 6600GT (256MB) / Samsung 226BW @ 1600x1050 / 120GB/320GB PATA.

Beans

Just to add a data point:

I'm running Kubuntu II, fully updated, and my e1000e module got blacklisted in yesterday's update. I'm about to unblacklist it, as there's been no sign of trouble while running the ~.27 kernels for the past few weeks.

Hardware (see signature):
    03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82573L Gigabit Ethernet Controller
    Intel Core i7-950 / Asus P6X58D-E / Nvidia GTX480 / siduction 64-bit on OCZ Revodrive SSD / KDE4.10.2/ Kubuntu 13.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffynerf View Post
    PmDematagoda - this is where my information is coming from, which I am distributing on various areas where I can (mainly here and Ars Technica, however my handle has appeared a couple of times in the Ubuntu Launchpad.
    Whoops, redundant data. Sorry about that.
    Think carefully before executing commands containing "rm", especially "sudo rm -rf ", if you require more information concerning this matter, read this.
    I am an experimenter, give me the most stable OS and I can make it unstable in a few hours.

C == seriously fast == FTW!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by PmDematagoda View Post
    Whoops, redundant data. Sorry about that.
    No worries - it's good to know that there are a few people watching this now. I'm not a dev (don't even know how to code past SQL) and have no real input everywhere, I've just taken it upon myself to distribute info.
    AMD Athlon 3000 @2.0Ghz / MSI K8T Neo K8T800 / 2 GB Corsair DDR RAM / Nvidia GeForce 6600GT (256MB) / Samsung 226BW @ 1600x1050 / 120GB/320GB PATA.

Beans
    Distro

I have a box with this bug that is currently crippled.

Does anyone have have a link to the 2.6.26-5 kernel, , image, headers, restricted-modules. I cannot find them in archive.ubuntu.com and I forgot to back up the packages. (Must remember to take periodic snapshots of /var/apt/cach/archives!)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast