Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Acer Aspire Mic Fix?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Acer Aspire Mic Fix?

I have an Acer Aspire One AO255E Netbook and was having a problem with the internal microphone being 'muted' or 'turned off' while running both UNR 10.10 and Joli OS 1.2. I stumbled upon the answer and here it is: The Juli OS help files have you:

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install pavucontrol
    Alt+F2
    (enter) pavucontrol

When the control box pops up, click on the 'Input' tab. You will see two sliders for input marked Front Left and Front Right. The problem is, the external 'input' jack (or line in) is STEREO, while the internal microphone is obviously MONO. If you use an external microphone, which I did, which had a stereo plug on it (which implies that the microphone was a stereo microphone, or had one microphone connected to both left and right channels) and it worked fine, while the internal microphone did not. Now, if you click the little 'lock' icon (which unlocks the sliders) and move one of the sliders (doesn't matter which one) to zero, all of a sudden, the internal microphone works! Then, click the little 'lock' icon again, to lock the sliders where they are. Later, if you do want to input some two channel stereo stuff, you have to run pavucontrol again, unlock the sliders, adjust them both for whatever gain you want, and away you go. This behavior is apparently completely undocumented (or not). Anyway, it worked for me!

d

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

doesn't work on acer 3820TZ

WJAM

Beans

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...io/+bug/775788

Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/modprobe. d/alsa-base.conf
    and add the line:
    Code:
    options snd-hda-intel model=laptop,dell-vostro position_fix=0,1"
    this should fix most problems, i can get hdmi audio yet, not sure why

ps, this is for ao522-bz623, hope that helps you guys out too..

--
    insaner
    www.insaner.com

Beans

Hi all i have a Acer Aspire 5810TZ & i am running the latest build of ubuntu 12.04 & when i go too sound settings & go to input there is nothing available under record sound from & i was reading the posts in here on this thread & someone suggested going to old repositories & i don't know how to do this any help is greatly appreciated thanks again

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234