Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: firefox 3.0.2 for hardy?

Beans

Re: firefox 3.0.2 for hardy?

OK, worth a try. Thanks

Beans

Still have the same problem. Is there a way to tell it to install 3.0.1 instead of the latest version?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by reginak View Post
    Still have the same problem. Is there a way to tell it to install 3.0.1 instead of the latest version?
    Maybe Firefox is OK, but for some reason your profile misbehaves.

You could try to run Firefox with a new fresh profile and test the password manager on a site.

To do it, open a terminal, and give
    Code:
    firefox -profilemanager
    create a new profile and start Firefox with it. You don't need to make it the default one.

If everything works OK, then it means that your current profile is corrupted or something like that. You can then try to migrate from this profile to your new one (e.g. transfer bookmarks, extensions, etc. You will not be able to move any data sensitive stuff like passwords etc. from the old to the new profile, so you'll need to login to all of your sites again, etc).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kostkon View Post
    To do it, open a terminal, and give
    Code:
    firefox -profilemanager
    create a new profile and start Firefox with it. You don't need to make it the default one.
    Hmmm... when I type that command, Firefox opens ... with my own profile (my homepages), and still the same error screen.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

The password problem is known :

https://bugs.launchpad.net/firefox/+bug/270429

The problem is not comming from firefox, but xulrunner.

Here is the (temporary) workaround :

Code:
    sudo su -
    wget http://uk.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/x/xulrunner-1.9/xulrunner-1.9-gnome-support_1.9.0.1+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.8.04.3_i386.deb
    wget http://uk.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/x/xulrunner-1.9/xulrunner-1.9_1.9.0.1+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.8.04.3_i386.deb
    dpkg -r --force-depends xulrunner-1.9 xulrunner-1.9-gnome-support
    dpkg -i xulrunner-1.9_1.9.0.1+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.8.04.3_i386.deb xulrunner-1.9-gnome-support_1.9.0.1+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.8.04.3_i386.deb
    exit
    I hope this can help...

Beans

My problem is not with passwords, it's with using the search engine, and the address box. I can only get to pages through existing bookmarks or links, I can't use google and I can't type the address in directly.

Still stuck....
    Regina

Beans

**sigh** As it turns out, I had another instance of Firefox running without knowing it. It did not show up on the status bar at bottom of the desktop, along with an Office document I thought was closed. I shut down and started back up ("restart" doesn't actually work for me, it freezes, but that's another issue), and now everything seems to be working fine!

Thanks for your patience, all!

Beans

I saw a similar problem, search box not working, also preference windows were opening absolutely tiny, and with no content.

I got irritated and restarted the X server and everything has been fine since...

Just thought I'd let people know

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I just updated to Firefox 3.0.2 on Ubuntu 8.04.1 AMD 64 and it works fine. I'm surprised that they released the update so quickly! It usually takes a week or so. I guess Intrepid' development is helping Hardy.
    Last edited by social_flea; September 24th, 2008 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Spelling

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by issih View Post
    I saw a similar problem, search box not working, also preference windows were opening absolutely tiny, and with no content.

I got irritated and restarted the X server and everything has been fine since...

Just thought I'd let people know
    I had the same issue on both my home and work PCs. Restarted X per this comment and things seem better now. Address bar and search bar working again, yay! After X restarted and I relaunched FF I got a pop-up that 2 add-ons were incompatible versions, being Xulrunner en-GB 1.9 and Firefox en-GB-3.0 (language packs). I would guess that if restarting X doesn't work for someone you could try disabling or uninstalling these manually.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast