Hi all,

I am very new to the Linux computing scene and so I apologize in advance for my noob questions. Any help, however, would be greatly appreciated!!

I just recently configured a server at home with Xubuntu 7.04 (Feisty) and although it took me some time to figure it out and find some help it was definitely a good learning experience. I followed the instructions I found on bit-tech.net.

However, there is a server that I was asked to configure in the lab that I work in. I'm really enthusiastic about learning more about the Linux computing environment so I decided to try and configure it.

The server is a Dell PowerEdge 2900 III. Right now, it has two hard drives (1TB and 250GB), two ethernet cards, and 4GB RAM. In the lab, we use two applications that are relatively memory-intensive. App#1 runs only on Linux and App#2 runs only on Windows.

What I'd like to do is setup this server with two workstations (thin-clients?) that can make use of the server at the same time. However workstation1 should be able to run linux while workstation2 should be able to run windows (or vice versa).
I'm just a bit confused as to how to go about configuring this.

From what I've read, I can install an LTSP server from the 8.04 ISO. But I'm not too sure about how to configure the network devices and the IPs.
With this configuration, would I be able to accommodate the following scenarios? :
1. Take workstation1 and run App1(runs on Linux only)
2. Take workstation1 and run App2(runs on Win only)
3. Take workstation2 and run App1
4. Take workstation2 and run App2

Again, I apologize for such a long post and these beginner questions. Any help would be very greatly appreciated!!