Thread: Firefox printing problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Firefox printing problem

Since I first began using Firefox some years ago, I have frequently encountered difficulties when printing a page. The best way to illustrate this is by way of example.

The following link is to a Grand Canyon concessionaire that conducts bus tours:

http://www.grandcanyonlodges.com/mot...ours-2221.html

When I print this web page, I get the following:

* The first printed page is header and banner graphics.

* The second printed page is primarily text that discusses various bus tours.

* The third printed page is largely blank except for footer information.

The problem is that the text on the second page should be continued on the third page but it's not. With the shrink-to-fit scale option, the printed text includes all of the text under the "East Rim Experience Tour" but does not include the "Desert View Tour" heading and the text under it.

I have tried printing with my HP Deskjet printer and the Cups-PDF printer. I have tried differing print options including landscape, portrait, various scale figures including shrink to fit, headers and no headers, differing printer "Job Options" including scale to fit and do not scale to fit.

This is a problem that I encounter with perhaps 30 percent of the web pages I print.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have attached a print screen of the Firefox Print Preview--it shows where the text is being truncated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kaibob; September 22nd, 2008 at 06:04 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Firefox printing problem

If you have the hplip-gui package installed you may be able to set up web pages from that. You might find more details here.
    Good site to search for guides & how-tos.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Firefox printing problem

Thanks Phidia for the response. I've tried all the HPLIP settings and none seem to help. I did look at the HP web site, but it didn't offer anything that I hadn't already tried. In the past I have used Opera to print pages such as this. Perhaps I'll reinstall it.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by kaibob; September 23rd, 2008 at 02:08 AM.