Thread: Internet Connection suddenly slow...recently installed some packages...

Beans
    Hidden!

Internet Connection suddenly slow...recently installed some packages...

I need some help,

I have just recently installed Avant-Window-Navigator and was looking for some themes and noticed there was a "AWN-Curves" theme out there, but you had to install it from their sourceforge site....which I later found out, didn't exist anymore.

Long story short...I installed the dependencies for the awn-curves (which I listed below) and all of a sudden noticed a problem with Pidgin disconnecting me every few minutes, and when I would download a file from the internet I would end up getting disconnected before it finished etc. I remember a while back I had to remove a file because it was no longer being used by my distro (Ubuntu Hardy Heron AMD64) and it was causing similar issues.

The files I recently installed:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev libwnck-dev libgconf2-dev libglib2.0-dev libdbus-glib-1-dev libgnomevfs2-0 libgnome-desktop-2 libgnome2-0 libwnck-common python-gtk2 python-gconf bzr gnome-common python-dev python-gtk2-dev python-cairo-dev python-gconf python-gnome2-dev
    I am currently running Hardy Heron on an AMD64 system.

Can I safely remove the majority of those packages, or any for that matter ???

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Internet Connection suddenly slow...recently installed some packages...

I just ended up getting a new router to fix the internet problem.

Problem Solved.