Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Conky Exaile Python Script

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Conky Exaile Python Script

Quote Originally Posted by akahige View Post
    Thanks for considering my suggestions. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
    No worries

I've edited the above post from myself with details after doing a little digging...

Beans

You don't happen to have any ideas about the if_running issue do you?

If I pull of the surrounding IF arguments, the template loads just fine, but if they're there (as in the above post), the execp argument is ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!

You don't happen to have any ideas about the if_running issue do you?

If I pull of the surrounding IF arguments, the template loads just fine, but if they're there (as in the above post), the execp argument is ignored.
    if you are running exaile and you do this, do you find it listed?

Code:
    ps -C exaile
    I get:

Code:
      PID TTY          TIME CMD
    12536 ?        00:00:09 exaile
    You could try asking on the main conkyrc thread...http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=281865

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    if you are running exaile and you do this, do you find it listed?

Code:
    ps -C exaile
    Yep. That's what makes it so odd.

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi
    You could try asking on the main conkyrc thread...http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=281865
    I'll do that.

Beans
    Hidden!

UPDATE

Updated the script as follows:

• Now loading the template file in unicode mode to allow for the extended character set
    • Added datatypes: ST (status), GE (genre), YR (year), TN (track number), FN (file name)
    • Added --statustext option to allow overridding of the standard status text
    • Updated README

The first post is updated and the apt package will be available shortly

Beans

TOTALLY awesome!

Thanks for all your hard work.

Beans
    Hidden!

TOTALLY awesome!

Thanks for all your hard work.
    My pleasure, no more changes for some time now...

Beans

Having upgraded to the new version of conkyExaile, I've watched conky start consuming an astronomical amount of CPU resources. If conkyExaile isn't running, everything calms down (so my compiled-from-source conky 1.6.1 upgrade doesn't seem to be at fault).

This is the template file I'm using, in case there's anything in there that might help troubleshoot this.

Code:
    ${voffset 4}${color4}${font Verdana:size=12}Now ${exec conkyExaile --statustext=Playing,Paused,Stopped --d=ST}:$font ${alignr}${color7}${exec conkyExaile --datatype=PT} ${color8}of${color7} ${exec conkyExaile --datatype=LE}$font
    ${offset 20}${voffset -2}${color8}${font Verdana:size=10}Title${goto 76}: ${goto 92}${color2}${font Verdana:size=12}${exec conkyExaile -n --d=TI}$font
    ${offset 20}${voffset -3}${color8}${font Verdana:size=10}Artist${goto 76}: ${goto 92}${color2}${font Verdana:size=12}${exec conkyExaile -n --d=AR}$font
    ${offset 20}${voffset -3}${color8}${font Verdana:size=10}Album${goto 76}: ${goto 92}${color2}${font Verdana:size=12}${exec conkyExaile -n --d=AL}$font
    ${offset 82}${color2}${execibar 1 conkyExaile -n --d=PP}
    ${offset 82}${voffset -6}${color8}${font Consolas-11}${scroll 42 Track No.: ${exec conkyExaile -n --datatype=TN} ... ${exec conkyExaile -n --d=FN}}$font
    I tried cutting elements out of the template to see if anything in specific might be causing this, but that didn't seem to help.

Have you gotten reports of anything similar...? Got any idea what might be causing this?

Beans
    Hidden!

Got any idea what might be causing this?
    You are running several instances of the script, there is no need to do that.

Take a look at the example files that come with the install, you'll find them here "/usr/share/conkyexaile/example"

In the conkyrc there is this execp call using a template:
    Code:
    ${color1}${execp conkyExaile --template=/usr/share/conkyexaile/example/conkyExaile.template}
    And the template has all the conky options you might want for layout, as the execp/execpi allows for this:
    Code:
    ${color3}Status:${color1}[--datatype=ST]
    ${color3}Artist:${color1}[--datatype=AR]
    ${color3}Album:${color1}[--datatype=AL]
    ${color3}Title:${color1}[--datatype=TI]
    ${color3}Position:${color1}[--datatype=PT]/[--datatype=LE] - [--datatype=PP]%
    ${color3}Rating:${color1}[--datatype=RT]
    ${color3}Volume:${color1}[--datatype=VO]
    Doing things this way means only one instance of the scriptis required for exaile output

Hope that helps
    Last edited by kaivalagi; November 21st, 2008 at 09:15 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    You are running several instances of the script, there is no need to do that.

Doing things this way means only one instance of the script is required for exaile output

Hope that helps
    Helped quite a bit, actually. I'd skimmed the updated readme, but didn't quite get that this was a new and necessary way of doing things, and not just an improved and compact one.

The one thing that I can't seem to grok -- and this wasn't real clear in the previous version, even though I got it to work -- is the way in which the custom status text is called. Where does it go?

I'm using this (or trying to):
    Code:
    Now [--datatype=ST --statustext=Playing,Paused,Stopped]:
    ...but it's not being read. Also tried it in front of the datatype (where it was in the initial incarnation that worked with the previous version), but it didn't work there, either.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast