Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Conky Exaile Python Script

Beans

Re: Conky Exaile Python Script

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    If I recall (maybe you can help here VastOne as my memory has walked out on me recently...) didn't we have discussions on this same issue with the older versions before and came to the conclusion that v0.3.2.x just didn't provide cover art info correctly? I just can't remember if it was this or one of the other many music player scripts

I think the simple answer anyway if for all those wanting cover art support with this script to get 0.3.3.x installed on your distro's or just wait until 3.3.x is stable and not a dev version...it's working for me and VastOne on different distros (me on Arch, VastOne on a Debian derivative, #! or Ubuntu?)
    I am on Ubuntu and you are correct K, we did determine that the 0.3.3.0-dev was the only version that we got to work correctly and still is the only version that works. My memory is in the same boat as yours but this on I am crystal clear on

I see by your double post that you are having some of the same issues I am in responding.. Severe lag time once you hit submit..

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by VastOne View Post
    I am on Ubuntu and you are correct K, we did determine that the 0.3.3.0-dev was the only version that we got to work correctly and still is the only version that works. My memory is in the same boat as yours but this on I am crystal clear on

I see by your double post that you are having some of the same issues I am in responding.. Severe lag time once you hit submit..
    That's good to know, I hate having vague memories of some things...good to know there was a reason there was something niggling me in the back of my mind and I am not mad (yet)

And yep, the forum is playing up a little, a lot slower than other sites right now...these VBulletin sites can be rather poor performing but I guess there will be tons of activity...lots of newbie users coming onboard all the time it seems...

Beans

K,

I am getting the following now with the Exaile_GetCoverart

*** Error: Begin
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/share/conkyexaile/conkyExaile-GetCoverart.py", line 70, in OnTrackChange
    if len(self.getCoverartImage(self.COVERART_DESTINATIO N)) > 0:
    File "/usr/share/conkyexaile/conkyExaile-GetCoverart.py", line 110, in getCoverartImage
    if "location" in self.props:
    AttributeError: Exaile_GetCoverart instance has no attribute 'props'
    *** Error: End

This is not happening with art work embedded in the files, only on files where there is a jpg in the directory.

Thanks

Beans

dupe
    Last edited by VastOne; January 15th, 2011 at 08:50 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by VastOne View Post
    K,

I am getting the following now with the Exaile_GetCoverart

*** Error: Begin
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/share/conkyexaile/conkyExaile-GetCoverart.py", line 70, in OnTrackChange
    if len(self.getCoverartImage(self.COVERART_DESTINATIO N)) > 0:
    File "/usr/share/conkyexaile/conkyExaile-GetCoverart.py", line 110, in getCoverartImage
    AttributeError: Exaile_GetCoverart instance has no attribute 'props'
    *** Error: End

This is not happening with art work embedded in the files, only on files where there is a jpg in the directory.

Thanks
    Definately wrong, must of got copied from one of the other player scripts by mistake, however looking at it further and there is no means that I can see of getting the file location via the d-bus methods...I can't find a "filename" or "location" attrib etc available to request data from and therefore can't tell the script to search for images in the id3 tags as I can't tell it what the file is...

I've updated the script and attached based on the way it ought to work

Basically this:
    Code:
            # get file apth
                location = self.props["location"]
    has become this:
    Code:
            # get file path
            location = self.iface.GetTrackAttr("filename")
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

I finally got around to downloading 3.3.0-dev and my coverart seems to be working great with that so far.

I'm not sure if this is mentioned anywhere else, but I had to add
    Code:
    imlib_cache_size 0
    to my .conkyrc to get conky to update the image. Might be something to do with my actual template line
    Code:
    ${image /tmp/exaile-coverart.jpg -s 150x150 -p 40,910}
    as I wasn't entirely sure how it was supposed to be used.

I'll keep it up for a while and see if I find any problems, although it's a grim reminder of how messy some of the coverart in my collection is

Edit:
    Upgraded to your new script and it seems to have broken things:
    Code:
    * Listening: waiting for a track change...
    ** Track Changed: No cover art images known, Checking for embedded images in audio file...
    **                No image found.
    ** Track Changed: No cover art images known, Checking for embedded images in audio file...
    That's every time I change track, not constant.
    The popups seem to be showing the art for the tracks just fine. I'm not positive which of my songs use embedded art and which don't, since WMP decided to throw image files everywhere anyway, but I skipped through enough songs to be fairly sure neither method works for me.

I'll play about with it a little more if I can get 3.3.0 to enqueue songs properly.
    Last edited by Sporktacular; January 16th, 2011 at 06:52 AM. Reason: I broke it :(

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Sporktacular View Post
    I finally got around to downloading 3.3.0-dev and my coverart seems to be working great with that so far.

I'm not sure if this is mentioned anywhere else, but I had to add
    Code:
    imlib_cache_size 0
    to my .conkyrc to get conky to update the image. Might be something to do with my actual template line
    Code:
    ${image /tmp/exaile-coverart.jpg -s 150x150 -p 40,910}
    as I wasn't entirely sure how it was supposed to be used.

I'll keep it up for a while and see if I find any problems, although it's a grim reminder of how messy some of the coverart in my collection is
    Good catch on the imlib_cache_size, that is documented through most of K's scripts on each of the different players here.

Your template line looks good...

You can read through most of these players here in K's scripts as each have basically the same input as the others, so you could be reading something or a Conky setup from Clementine and make it work just as easily with Exaile by putting in the correct paths.

Glad you got it going!

Beans

Aha, I didn't realise he'd written so many! I'll take a look through before I start wandering blindly next time

I got it working again by changing use_tag_image_only to False again in conkyExaile-GetCoverart.py, and noticed that the image destination had changed too while I was at it.

I seem to have fixed it anyways by changing
    Code:
    to
    Code:
    location = self.iface.GetTrackAttr("__loc")
    after digging around in Exaile a bit. Sorry if this is counter-productive, I'm not much of a programmer but it worked for me.

I've got it working at least part of the time in 3.2.0 with that, so I'm happy enough. Going to throw some ugly hack together to grab jpgs from the file path and hopefully that'll do me until 3.3.0's in Gentoo
    Last edited by Sporktacular; January 16th, 2011 at 09:38 AM.

Beans

Aha, I didn't realise he'd written so many! I'll take a look through before I start wandering blindly next time

I got it working again by changing use_tag_image_only to False again in conkyExaile-GetCoverart.py, and noticed that the image destination had changed too while I was at it.

Code:
    to
    Code:
    after digging around in Exaile a bit. Sorry if this is counter-productive, I'm not much of a programmer but it worked for me.
    I seem to only be able to get embedded art to work with the current GetCover script, if there is a cover.jpg (pr any other) I get the "no cover art images known", Checking for embedded, No Image found

FYI, d-feet dbus dbugger tool is a pretty awesome one to have in looking directly into the bus sessions to see what is going on..

Just check synaptic for d-feet

Terry

Beans
    Hidden!

Code:
    to
    Code:
    Thanks for that' I'll update the package with these changes when I get a chance...I looked and looked, which .py was the __loc in?

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast