Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Conky Exaile Python Script

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Conky Exaile Python Script

I have switched OS and now use ArchLinux rather than any debian based distro. It looks like the continuing support of my scripts will be without ppa updates, and instead my time will support AUR based installs once I get to understand them. I will provide the usual tarball downloads of the source for non Arch users from within these forum.

Beans
    Hidden!

ArchLinux : Package support is present in the AUR. All my packages can be seen here: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=kaivalagi

IMPORTANT NEWS

All the script packages have now been copied into the Conky Hardcore PPA. Any package updates will be provided by the team through this new ppa.

The ppa can be found here: https://launchpad.net/~conkyhardcore/+archive/ppa

To use this ppa first delete the old ppa files using this:
    Code:
    sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/m-buck*
    Then follow the modified first post instructions for the scripts

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Well, conky colors works great for me, except for this. I have python-dbus and obviously dbus installed. Im running the latest development release of exaile having updated it from bzr yesterday.

However, whenever I open conky OR I run conkyExaile from the terminal I get this error:

Code:
    ERROR: Issue calling the dbus service:invalid literal for float(): None
    Unknown
    I have absolutely no idea where to go here. Any ideas?
    Stop Trusted Computing! http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html
    Asus Rampage 2 Extreme/2.66GHz i7 Quad/6GB DDR3 1600MHz 8-8-8-24/2x Nvidia 9800GTX+
    2x150GB 10krpm HD/2x1TB 7200RPM HD/3ware RAID/
    Xubuntu 11.04/Arch Linux/Gentoo Linux/Fedora

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by GSF1200S View Post
    Well, conky colors works great for me, except for this. I have python-dbus and obviously dbus installed. Im running the latest development release of exaile having updated it from bzr yesterday.

However, whenever I open conky OR I run conkyExaile from the terminal I get this error:

Code:
    Unknown
    I have absolutely no idea where to go here. Any ideas?
    Something is being passed in as "nothing" when calling the dbus service for exaile I think

Can you give me an example of what you are trying to do, ie.r the terminal command you used to get the error?

I can't promise anything cause I am running Arch not Ubuntu and dont use exaile anymore, but we shall see. I have exaile v0.3.0.2 installed so I'll be testing with that once I know what you are trying to do, what version are you running?

Edit: seems to fail with that error when nothing is playing, if playing something then no error and the correct output...same for you?
    Last edited by kaivalagi; March 10th, 2010 at 04:11 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    Something is being passed in as "nothing" when calling the dbus service for exaile I think

Can you give me an example of what you are trying to do, ie.r the terminal command you used to get the error?

I can't promise anything cause I am running Arch not Ubuntu and dont use exaile anymore, but we shall see. I have exaile v0.3.0.2 installed so I'll be testing with that once I know what you are trying to do, what version are you running?

Edit: seems to fail with that error when nothing is playing, if playing something then no error and the current output...same for you?
    I open a terminal and put in:
    Code:
    conkyExaile -s -m
    and I return the following error message:
    Code:
    Unknown
    I figured that the script is probably meant to be run through conky, so I created a conkyrc with --exaile as one of the options.

If I close Exaile, and then execute Conky in a terminal, I get NO error message. Once I open Exaile, Conky's terminal spits out this same error over and over again (this is BEFORE I start playing a song):
    Code:
    ERROR: Issue calling the dbus service:empty string for float()
    Once I start playing a song, I get the same error message as I did when inputing the above terminal command:
    Code:
    Note the absence of "Unknown"

Im running Xubuntu 9.10 64bit, Exaile 3.1b+ rev 2884 (from bzr), with repo versions of python-dbus and dbus.
    Last edited by GSF1200S; March 10th, 2010 at 03:32 PM.
    Asus Rampage 2 Extreme/2.66GHz i7 Quad/6GB DDR3 1600MHz 8-8-8-24/2x Nvidia 9800GTX+

Beans
    Hidden!

Not quite the same as I'm seeing with my version but hopefully the fix in the attached file will help. I think it's something to do with not handling null values properly when nothing is available from exaile for whatever reason. Could be the song has no tag info too? Give it a go and let me know...

Edit: just installed exaile from bzr (3.1b+) and I have the same error, I can debug it now I'll see what I can come up with...
    Last edited by kaivalagi; March 10th, 2010 at 03:41 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Not quite the same as I'm seeing with my version but hopefully the fix in the attached file will help. I think it's something to do with not handling null values properly when nothing is available from exaile for whatever reason. Could be the song has no tag info too? Give it a go and let me know...

Cheers
    I really appreciate the help Unfortunately, that file did not fix the issue (replaced it as per your suggestion). It does exactly the same thing as before. I ensured that my song choices had tag data.

Maybe someone who has had this issue will chime in with an idea. Its almost impossible for you to find a solution for something like this when you cant duplicate the issue yourself.. Thanks again

Beans
    Distro

Edit: just installed exaile from bzr (3.1b+) and I have the same error, I can debug it now I'll see what I can come up with...
    Hah! Beat me to it.. I was going to go back to 3.0.2 just to see if the script worked

*EDIT* If you find something that might need a change in Exaile itself, you could let them know in the #exaile channel (freenode), or simply let me know here and ill drop in there. I dont know if theyll be able to incorporate anything, but they are good devs...
    Last edited by GSF1200S; March 10th, 2010 at 03:51 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Hah! Beat me to it.. I was going to go back to 3.0.2 just to see if the script worked
    The newer version of the script attached above would work with the older exaile I think, but I'm almost there with fixing for the newest version of exaile now (without breaking older versions...) so another 10 mins and they'll be a new attachment to test out

*EDIT* If you find something that might need a change in Exaile itself, you could let them know in the #exaile channel (freenode), or simply let me know here and ill drop in there. I dont know if theyll be able to incorporate anything, but they are good devs...
    Been there and done that already for cover art issues in the past, it was already in progress but new changes take their time to arrive. The 3.1b+ release for example has a GetCoverData method available in the dbus service now which should provide image data, but it is currently broken (bzr for you). Next proper release should be a good one I hope...
    Last edited by kaivalagi; March 10th, 2010 at 04:08 PM.

Beans
    Distro

The newer version of the script attached above would work with the older exaile I think, but I'm almost there with fixing for the newest version of exaile now (without breaking older versions...) so another 10 mins and they'll be a new attachment to test out
    Cool.. Ill be here. Yeah, I was just thinking maybe it was something borked on my system specifically, so I was just going to make sure..

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast