Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Conky Exaile Python Script

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Conky Exaile Python Script

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    I'm running version 0.2.14 of Exaile and have it working, I am using this repo:

Code:
    deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/exaile-devel/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
    deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/exaile-devel/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
    im using that repo and exaile says its version 0.2.999.1 but it really is 0.3b1

Beans

hi, the new release of exaile (0.3) don't work whit conkyExaile any help?

Beans

is there a way to set max length like in your banshee script??

Beans

I've just switched from flaky Rhythmbox to Exaile 3.0.1 and nothing I do can get conky to display anything about Exaile.

I tried the "${if_existing /home/user/.exaile/music.db-journal}" (nothing displays)

also: got rid of the ${if_running exaile} and ${endif} leaving ${execp conkyExaile --template=/home/rich/.conky/conkyExaile.template} result: the template loaded with UNKNOWN for everything.

also: tried putting $colors in front of $if_running exaile} result: nothing loaded.

also: tried just running your included example.template using
    Code:
    conky -c /usr/share/conkyexaile/example/conkyrc &
    result: loaded the example with UNKNOWN for everything.

... and yes, I am absolutely sure exaile is running the whole time.

Any help?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by puma303 View Post
    hi, the new release of exaile (0.3) don't work whit conkyExaile any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsoldier2000 View Post
    I've just switched from flaky Rhythmbox to Exaile 3.0.1 and nothing I do can get conky to display anything about Exaile.
    I actually still prefer Rhythmbox, it has a better interface as far as I am concerned. It's a shame there is no real active development carrying on with it...I suspect Banshee will replace Rhythmbox as the default Ubuntu player at some point.

The Issue

It looks like the Exaile team have re-written the dbus interface for their app, as a result the script no longer works because it can't get a hold of any music data.

The conkyExaile script will need a rewrite to work with the new dbus service and it's alternative exposed methods...I'll see what I can fathom out in the short term, but I suspect it will not be a simple change.

Edit: Fix on it's way, although I can't get coverart to work and there is zero documentation on the GetTrackAttr method and what attribute names are supported
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kaivalagi; September 23rd, 2009 at 07:39 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by qweru View Post
    is there a way to set max length like in your banshee script??
    I'll do another build with this option added, it was missed from the script after being first implemented in the Banshee one, it is in the Rhythmbox script though...shouldn't take much effort.

Beans
    Hidden!

UPDATE

The script has had the following changes made:

• Updated to use the new exaile dbus service, currently coverart not working...
    • Added --maxlength option already available with Rhythmbox and Banshee scripts

Package changes can be seen here: https://launchpad.net/~m-buck/+archive/conky/+files/conkyexaile_2.06_source.changes
    And here: https://launchpad.net/~m-buck/+archive/conky/+files/conkyexaile_2.07_source.changes

I release 2 versions one after the other, in quick succession...(I messed up )

The apt packages should be available shortly, the first post has the new packages attached also but they will probably only work with Jaunty

Note: I forgot to update readme so details on the maxlength option are not present, but this can be looked up using conkyExaile -h in a terminal

Chimo

Edit: There was a request made to expose coverart via dbus, it will be introduced in a future release: https://bugs.launchpad.net/exaile/+bug/434787
    Last edited by kaivalagi; September 24th, 2009 at 08:46 AM.

Beans

Thank you so muck for all your hard work. I agree with you about rhythmbox eing better, and with the cover art plugin, it make a better visual on the desktop. (With being able to control the player from the cover art; ie. play pause next and previous)

But sometimes, hitting play the player just hangs...it'll say it's playing, but it's not. Just weird stuff, and I've never had that with Exaile. Now with your hard work, I can enjoy exaile.

Thank you so much for all your time spent with updates and such.

\../, you rock ,\../

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Xsoldier2000 View Post
    Thank you so muck for all your hard work. I agree with you about rhythmbox eing better, and with the cover art plugin, it make a better visual on the desktop. (With being able to control the player from the cover art; ie. play pause next and previous)

But sometimes, hitting play the player just hangs...it'll say it's playing, but it's not. Just weird stuff, and I've never had that with Exaile. Now with your hard work, I can enjoy exaile.

Thank you so much for all your time spent with updates and such.

\../, you rock ,\../
    My pleasure, just gonna have to wait on the cover art support to be introduced to the api now...3.1 will have it I think, whenever that comes out.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quick heads up, a patch has been posted for a dbus call to retreive cover art, it is detailed against the bug here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/exaile/+bug/434787

I have updated my exaile source locally and have the gtk-desktop-info app working with it too, just waiting for it to actually be released into a new revision of exaile then I'll publish a new package with the cover art fix...

Edit: the image returned is only 64x64 pixels I've asked if something better could be achieved, like in older versions...

Edit2: My bad, the cover art was 64x64 cause of where it came from, better quality art if returned to exaile will be provided via the dbus method. The fix has been commited, it should appear in the next Exaile release.
    Last edited by kaivalagi; October 18th, 2009 at 01:43 PM.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast