Thread: App used to work...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: App used to work...

Quote Originally Posted by maphilli14 View Post

Code:
    ":~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/RegiStax4$ wine ./RegiStax4.exe
    XIO: fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0"
    after 377 requests (375 known processed) with 288 events remaining.
    E: thread-posix.c: Assertion 'pthread_setspecific(t->key, userdata) == 0' failed at pulsecore/thread-posix.c:194, function pa_tls_set(). Aborting.
    wine: Assertion failed at address 0xb7fab410 (thread 001b), starting debugger..."
    I have tried in my computer, this program work very well with wine 1.0, although I do not really how to use it. It never crash when I play around with it. May be you could try below:

Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg
    and then restart your computer.

After that, try to launch it again, hopefully it help.

DK

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: App used to work...

I had a great suggestion from a nice fellow on cloudynights.com (http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthrea...vc=&PHPSESSID=) and found a fix.

I went into winecfg to turn off all the audio/sound options. I had ALSA turned on and even in wine 1.1.6 (recently released), it still 'crashed'. Turning off audio fixed almost EVERYTHING!

Happily, I don't need audio for much anything in wine, but if I understand correctly, each app can have a separate 'bottle' setup with different audio and other settings. So best of luck to everyone and thanks to you for the suggestion!

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12