Thread: Greetings I'm a Linux Newb..

Beans

Greetings I'm a Linux Newb..

Hello everybody, I'm a little new to linux. I've used live boot cd's in the past such as Dynebolic, Mepis, PHLAK, Knopix, Knoppix STD etc. I've recently installed Ubuntu at the reccomendation of a close friend and linux nut.

I've done a quick search on the forums, however is there a single faq thread for Linux WIFI/Network security tools? (as well as how to properly install/config/run etc).

I did do a search however a few of the linked links there were listed were dead.

Also a quick question, any quick help on how to change my GRUB boot loader to set XP as my default boot partition instead of ubuntu??

Beans

Re: Greetings I'm a Linux Newb..

Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by kmfdmk
    I've done a quick search on the forums, however is there a single faq thread for Linux WIFI/Network security tools? (as well as how to properly install/config/run etc).
    Like what in paricular?
    Those folks who try to impose analog rules on digital content will find themselves on the wrong side of the tidal wave.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans

Re: Greetings I'm a Linux Newb..

I'm familiar with using windows based scanning and security progams, like Nessus, LANguard, NetStumbler etc. I'm looking for their linux equivalents, and to hopefully find what's the most popular/widely supported programs.

I've heard of AirSnort, and I know that others exist however I'm not sure what/where I should be looking. In addition to utilities/tools that display avail. networks/Channels & AP's I'm looking for something that has similiar SNR display like NetStumbler.