Thread: Bittornado broken after installing Swarmplayer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Bittornado broken after installing Swarmplayer

Hi folks,

I installed Swarmplayer to see how i liked it. I found it to work ok for well seeded torrents that were capable of using the software. Unfortunately I attempted to open an unsupported torrent type with it. It seemed to be DLing but I became impatient and terminated the program by right clicking and selecting close. I then noticed Bittornado(my bt client of choice) was no longer working. Then I tried completely uninstalling the packages I installed while installing swarm, still not fixed. Since i normally trouble shoot programs by launching them in terminal and fixing dependancies this way i thought this would be a good place to start. The problem is that BT isn't very intuitive in its terminal commands, so I'm unsure of how to launch a BT download via the terminal. Maybe you can help?

1.)how do i launch a BT in terminal
    2.)I already tried reinstalling everything that i have installed under "bittorrent" search in synaptic.
    3.)thanks for taking the time to help me out.......if I cannt fix this i will have to reinstall.
    Last edited by saru411; September 20th, 2008 at 03:41 AM.
    The Tao belongs neither to knowing or not knowing. Knowing is false understanding; not knowing is blind ignorance. If you really understand the Tao beyond doubt, its like the empty sky. Why drag in right and wrong?
    Nanch'uan

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Bittornado broken after installing Swarmplayer

I'm not gonna believe that none of you know how to open a torrent via the terminal......anyone?????????
    The Tao belongs neither to knowing or not knowing. Knowing is false understanding; not knowing is blind ignorance. If you really understand the Tao beyond doubt, its like the empty sky. Why drag in right and wrong?
    Nanch'uan

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

^^^bump^^^
    Nanch'uan

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

^^^Bump^^^

*reinstallation set for tonight if no ideas are posed*

Thanks to all that have at least taken the time to read
    Nanch'uan