Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Linux driver for EasyCap USB2.0 Video Adapter DC60

Beans

Re: Linux driver for EasyCap USB2.0 Video Adapter DC60

korifey13, this worked perfectly for me thanks. Problem is, its very jolty and thus unplayable (I'm trying to play gamecube through it). Anyone got any ideas on how to make it work?

Beans

Right, I now have it working but there is a delay between when it is processed on the gamecube to when it is shown. So, what I mean is, it takes about half a second for a button press to be shown. Anyone got any ideas?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by imafatmess View Post
    Right, I now have it working but there is a delay between when it is processed on the gamecube to when it is shown. So, what I mean is, it takes about half a second for a button press to be shown. Anyone got any ideas?
    Maybe changing a buffer size ?

Beans

Unfortunately I have no idea how to do that. But that would make sense

Beans

Hi,

I have an EasyCap with ID 05e1:0408
    I have installed the revision 99 driver and the easycap is detected.

Now the problem is I get only Black&White images

I am using the yellow (composite) input and have tried the following commands:

mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:width=720:height=576:fps=25: outfmt=rgb24:device=/dev/video1
    mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:width=720:height=576:fps=25: outfmt=rgb24:device=/dev/video1:input=3
    mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:width=720:height=576:fps=25: outfmt=rgb24:device=/dev/video1:input=2
    mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:width=720:height=576:fps=25: outfmt=rgb24:device=/dev/video1:input=1
    mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:width=720:height=576:fps=25: outfmt=rgb24:device=/dev/video1:input=0

The : and the outfmt contain no space

The image is not centered as it should be too. It a bit to low.

Any ideas?

OK: FOUND THE SOLUTION. The module loaded worked in NTSC and not in PAL. SO I loaded the module using: norm=1 colour=24000

Still 1 Problems left:

2. No sound

OK, Everything solved. I was using the syntek driver, not the easycap driver.
    Using the Easycap driver everything works
    Last edited by Zittergie; June 18th, 2010 at 05:12 PM. Reason: One problem solved

Beans

I am looking to build a budget CCTV system and easycap looks like the product i'm looking for. Also, I have a wifi spycam that runs on a 9v battery that I will eventually attach to a kite and take areal video (LOL).

In any case, I want an inexpensive capture device that takes composite video.

I'm looking around on amazon and there seem to be several products that carry the easycap name. One reviewer claims that he got a bootleg easycap with some bogus software.

Can someone send a reliable link to a specific easycap product that works with these instructions?

Thanks

Beans

Angry Re: Linux driver for EasyCap USB2.0 Video Adapter DC60

Running lucid I get great video but can not seem to get any audio working. When I plug the dongle in it picks up usb audio but nothing is captured. I'm stuck, windows will never be a option again and I need to copy a whole lot of videos to dvd. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Beans

Hi Kooster,

In order to help, we need to know what type of EasyCAP you have. To find out, plug in the EasyCAP and then in a terminal window type the command

lsusb

You will get several lines of output, one of which will describe your EasyCAP. Either this line will say

Bus XXX Device XXX: ID 05e1:0408 Syntek Semiconductor Co., Ltd

or it will say

Bus XXX Device XXX: ID eb1a:2861 eMPIA Technology, Inc.

If you have an EasyCAP of the Syntek type, there is a Linux driver available at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/easycapdc60/

which should deliver both video and audio if things are set up correctly.

If you have an EasyCAP of the Empia type, the driver is already present in recent Linux kernels, which means that on distributions such as Ubuntu 10.04 LTS the EasyCAP should work out of the box without the need to install a driver manually. For the Empia type of EasyCAP, video (at least) definitely works on Linux.

The Empia EasyCAPs are often marketed as DC60+ to distinguish them from the Syntek EasyCAPs branded DC60. But there is some confusion about this and it's safer to use the lsusb command to be sure of what you've got.

Mike

Beans

Red face Re: Linux driver for EasyCap USB2.0 Video Adapter DC60

Guys iv had a good idea, if im correct you could install a thing called VMware i think you get it on linux, but anyway, then install windows vista/7/xp but i think vista works best, and then install easycap from there and when recording save the files to the hardrive some where you can find them, i havent tried this yet, but will get back to you guys when i can.
    and i know this is a long annoying prosess but i relly want some video footage of my gaming so i think its worth it. best of luck to you all and please with me luck :L

Beans

Edit: Nevermind. Was a typo . Instead of PAL_60 I typed PAL-60. Stupid me...

Thanks for the help though!
    Last edited by Blue-K; July 11th, 2010 at 01:47 PM.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast