Thread: Getting slower - Hardy 8.04

Beans

Getting slower - Hardy 8.04

Since few days ago, I dont remember when was the last update ... Hardy is getting slower. Even more, sometimes using FireFox 3.0.2 opening a web site, or Thunderbird reading an email the screen becomes gray for few seconds (at least comes back to normal use but it is becoming more and more usual). I changed the appearance to normal one, without effects and it seems that at least the gray screens does not appear and works a bit better but now from time to time both programs hangs for a seconds as well.

I do not know whether any past update broke my configuration (I'm using 2.6.24-21) however I'm wondering whether there is anyway to optimize the system. Should I reinstall Hardy? If so, how could do it without having to start from scratch? I mean, I have invest a lot of time customizing Hardy (new applications, etc) and I would not like to do it again

Thanks!

Beans

Re: Getting slower - Hardy 8.04

I'm going to hazard a guess at saying that it is Flash's fault. My Firefox goes grey for a few seconds when I'm on more than one tab that has Flash.
    -[Discipline] - Macbook Pro 5,3 - Intel Core2Duo 2.66Ghz, 4Gb RAM, Nvidia 9400M + 9600GT, 320Gb HDD, Mac OSX 10.7.1 Lion
    -Windows free since May 2007.