Thread: Yet another 800*600 Thread

Beans

Cool Yet another 800*600 Thread

Hi everyone, I just got a new laptop Toshiba Qosmio F55 and im having the limited resolution problem (i can't change my resolution to nothing bigger than 800*600) I been searching the forums and reading a lot of other Threads without luck.

The laptop has a NVIDIA® GeForce® 9700M GTS vidcard, so I dont have the drivers because I can't find them in the nvidia webpage (seems to be pretty new)

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Yet another 800*600 Thread

Your card is not yet supported by the nvidia linux driver. For references, check supported nvidia GPU products.

You'll have to go the envy route.
    One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, speak a few reasonable words...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by northern lights View Post
    Your card is not yet supported by the nvidia linux driver. For references, check supported nvidia GPU products.

You'll have to go the envy route.
    Envy can't atomatically detect which driver I need. Doing a manual installation which one of the 3 drivers should I select? :S

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by d4ni View Post
    The laptop has a NVIDIA® GeForce® 9700M GTS vidcard, so I dont have the drivers because I can't find them in the nvidia webpage
    Somehow it's indeed only listing 9600 and 9800 series.

Quote Originally Posted by d4ni View Post
    Doing a manual installation which one of the 3 drivers should I select?
    Couldn't say. If it's three, trial and error might just do it.
    One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, speak a few reasonable words...