Thread: ATI Radeon 9550 w/ DVI-to-component adapter

Beans

ATI Radeon 9550 w/ DVI-to-component adapter

I've got Ubuntu set up and working flawlessly with my s-video out on my graphics card (ATI Radeon 9550) and have the official ATI driver installed from the ATI site. The driver is the latest version and runs without any problems.

I've also got a DVI-to-component adapter that used to be manufactured to work with specific graphics cards ATI produced. The Radeon 9550 is one of these graphics cards and I have confirmed it in Windows (where I have full functionality of 1080i@30Hz - 1776x1000). I'm seeking to accomplish the same in Ubuntu so I need not reboot to watch high definition content and such. I can not seem to find anyone in the forums with the same situation as I and was hoping an xorg master might come along with some theory as to how to accomplish this.

In Windows, its a simple matter of following the wizard and hitting next, but even though I know it will be more effort in Ubuntu, the reward is worth the work. I'm thinking it will be something along the lines of adding a Monitor with the correct resolution (1776x1000, 30Hz) and having this output on the DVI port of the graphics card. I may be oversimplifying this and it may not be possible at all in Ubuntu, but if anyone out there can help, I thank you.

Just so the adapter part is clear, here's an image of the adapter in question:

Beans

Re: ATI Radeon 9550 w/ DVI-to-component adapter

Bump for great justice.

Beans

Still looking for any solution to this. Bump.

Beans

Did you ever get this working?

Beans

I've got the same problem but I'm using a 9700 pro. Anyone figure this out?