Thread: Uninstall Question

Beans

Uninstall Question

Hello All,

I install a ubuntu build for a client and now they want it removed (long story). I put in my XP boot disk to preform a fresh install of XP and it does not see any partitions and does not let me format the disk because it thinks nothing is there.

When I formatted for ubuntu with ubuntu disk I obviously changed the disk format. Is there a app that I can run from boot and get the disk back to NTFS?

I hope this is not a repost as I have searched quite extensive

-Lev

Beans

Re: Uninstall Question

Right-click on My Computer, choose Manage. Goto Disk Storage. There will be a partition on one of the drives that says Unknown, (Healthy). Delete that, and then create a new NTFS partition.

If you told XP to use the entire disk, then it should have already removed the Linux partition.

Beans

I cannot click My COmputer windows does not exist -- ie one partition and ubuntu is on it

However I think I found my solution: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=922376

Beans

Ohhh, my bad. Jumped ahead of myself. Put the hard drive in another windows box, then manage and repartition and reformat the drive.

Or load up Ubuntu, use gparted and then delete all of the partitions and format to NTFS.