Hello,

There's probably nothing to do, but just in case
I have a laptop Dell XPS m1330 with Ubuntu that worked perfectly well for a month. And yesterday, I deleted the first 2 partitions and created another one instead (cf http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php...ult_Partitions) because it looked like I didn't really need them with Ubuntu (1st = some utility programs, 2nd = initial disk image), and I wanted more space, and I wanted to install GParted live on a separate partition...

When restarting the computer, the hard drive is not recognized anymore (even in the BIOS), no partition is visible, nothing, taking the hard disk out and back doesn't change anything. After a chat with Dell's customer service, they are sending a new one (still under warranty) but I would like to get my data back... From what they say, deleting the partitions shouldn't be a problem, but maybe there's a link still.

Any thoughts on this? Could there be some information on these partitions that would be necessary for the hard disk to be recognized? Did I mess up everything because of deleting sda1 and sda2 and creating sda1 instead, which means that my partitions where sda1, sda3, sda4 and sda5? (no more number 2...). Is there anything I could do to make the hard disk visible again? Maybe it just crashed but the coincidence is huge then...

Thanks!!!