Thread: Banshee does not shuffle/random

Beans

Question Banshee does not shuffle/random

I'm using the newest version of Banshee (1.2.1), but when I have a play queue playing with 'shuffle' turned on, shuffle does nothing - it just plays all songs in the order they are listed.

I had the same problem with rhythmbox (ie shuffle does nothing) just before I installed banshee, so I don't think it is banshee-specific but have no idea what else it could be.

I'm really loving the new Banshee besides this so if i can get shuffle working it would be just great. Any ideas?

Beans

Re: Banshee does not shuffle/random

Play Queue plays in one order from top to bottom. Set up a playlist to shuffle the songs
    [Arch + KDE]

Beans

Ah ok. I'm used to Amarok which will shuffle a play queue without creating a playlist. I'd prefer to be able to do that but its no biggey if i can't.

Thanks for the reply.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Actually, this has been filed as a bug: http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=539607

Beans

I was just wondering about the same problem (3 years late by the looks of the dates!) on ubuntu 11, my solution, well, workaround, export the playlist, and play in something that will do random play!

Beans
    Hidden!

I was able to play all the songs in my library in random order by going to the left pane -> Libraries -> Music and double clicking a song. Then in the top menu go to Playback -> Shuffle -> Shuffle By Song. The songs play in random order and the "Next" button now looks like a shuffled next button, and clicking it takes you to a random song.

Hope this helps someone.