Thread: [SOLVED] Page setup (page size) issue

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

[SOLVED] Page setup (page size) issue

Hi,
    I've a problem with the default page settings (page size) in evolution and more in general in gnome applications.
    I'm running ubuntu 8.04.1 in English (even if I live in Italy) and my printer paper size is A4.
    I've set it in printer properties as default page size.
    In evolution, I click on file->page setup and I select "any printer" for "Format for:" field and "A4" for "Paper Size" field, then apply.
    Then I print my email out but the page format is automatically set back to US Letter (as I can see by opening again file->page setup, and by my printer telling me that US Letter is not a valid format for it).

A strage thing I notice is that page size in file->page setup window, is indicated in inches, whilst I expect it being in millimiters.

How can I fix this?
    (In Firefox I had the same problem but once setting it to A4 the first time it worked forever)
    Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: [SOLVED] Page setup (page size) issue

Hi all,
    I could solve the issue by my self and I'm reporting the solution for anybody who might face the same problem I had.

Just select "English UK" rather than "English US" as language in the login screen and A4 will be the default page size.

Ciao!!