Thread: sound and video problems

Beans

sound and video problems

i`be got the next problem my videos and music on the hard disk can`t run , they just start and blocked their progress i`ve tried to find out what is the problem starting the videos and music through terminal but the terminal doesn`t show any problems , any suggestion what to try

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: sound and video problems

Quote Originally Posted by suxxor View Post
    i`be got the next problem my videos and music on the hard disk can`t run , they just start and blocked their progress i`ve tried to find out what is the problem starting the videos and music through terminal but the terminal doesn`t show any problems , any suggestion what to try
    Firstly, have you installed video/audio support? You can do so by opening the terminal (Applications-Accessories-Terminal) and giving the command
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras
    Note that you will need a live Internet connection for this. (And ensure that using such codecs is not against the law in your country.)
    Cheers,PRShah
    Make your own: Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Mythbuntu All-in-One Live DVD
    "I never make mistakes; I thought I did, once.. but I was wrong."

Beans

nope still don`t working maybe i have problems with the hardware `cause i recently put new sound card but i think this is not the problem `cause the same media is running in windows XP installed on the same machine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by suxxor View Post
    nope still don`t working maybe i have problems with the hardware `cause i recently put new sound card but i think this is not the problem `cause the same media is running in windows XP installed on the same machine
    Make up your mind , is it a hardware problem or not?

If you still want to continue troublshooting, open System_Preferences_Sound and check the settings there. First, turn everything to Autodetect. Try playing sound/media. Next change everything to ALSA. Try playing sound/media. Next change everything to "PulseAudio Sound Server" (If you have that setting). Try playing sound/media.

If none of the above work, or if you cannot find any of the settings above, post a screenshot of the above window, and also open a terminal (Applications-Accessories-Terminal) and post the output of the below commands
    Code:
    lspci -v | grep -i -E sound\|multim\|audio
    lsmod | grep -i snd
    Cheers,PRShah
    Make your own: Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Mythbuntu All-in-One Live DVD
    "I never make mistakes; I thought I did, once.. but I was wrong."